main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "Is It Friday Yet?" Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    LB, that's great news. The pictures of the remodeling and renovation of the Observatory are just smashing. So cool that you'll be there!

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    yeah... i wonder what bryan's doing with his time now.

i do post over there too, somewhat... there's, just not many threads to post in.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Dude! I am sooo jealous!! Before getting a job with LAUSD I interviewed with both the Science & Natural History museums, LACMA, the Ghetty and the Pacific Asian Art Museum in Pasadena. I was brought back for second (and a couple of times 3rd) interviews, but never got any of those jobs.

Now I have less than 10 years before I can retire with full health benefits and a creditable pension, so I ain't goin' no place if I don't have to.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I just read the part about the job LB. Congrats. There's no one I know who likes to talk about boring stuff more than you! It will be perfect.

I'm kidding of coarse, it sounds like a great job.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    thanks all... and i mean, granted, it helps that they are hiring plenty right now as they're getting the staff #s up for when griffith reopens

6. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    LB - we need to have Caroline get an interview for a job there ---- whenever she comes back ---

7. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    i know she's got an application, though no clue beyond that how far through that process she is

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Congrats on the job, LB1977! I love the observatory and can't wait to see the new addtions.

Because of the job actions, though I know it's already Thursday, it feels like it's only Monday.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today has been rough! Rough I tell you!

First off, I had a message on my voice mail from a very angry woman who said she was going to turn me into HR for my actions. Now, you would have thought I called her names or slaped her or something, but no, this is what happened.

Last week I moved this woman and her IT equipment from one location to another. ON HER ORDERS!. Now, a few days later I find out that she was actually changing departments and the old department didn't want her taking the computer because it belonged to them and not to her personally. I didn't know this. She said to move it and I had it done. Now she is telling me that I didn't do my job by not asking her department if it was ok for her to take her computer. Why oh why would it be my responsibility to ask? I would think that she would have taken care of this already when taking the new job and getting the permission to move in the first place. I don't go all the way up her chain of command asking if it is ok for her to move.

I responed with a nice email back to her because she called while on vacation and I couldn't get a hold of her any other way. I told her I was sorry that this happened but that what she is saying I should have done isn't my responsibility. I then told her that I contacted both her old and new departments and have worked it all out for her. So I am being super nice. However, if I ever see her name come across my desk again for a move, I will interoffice her a couple of trash bags and call it a day.

Then in other news, and JB, you can't mention this at all to anyone or I will be going to HR. There is a case of fraud in our department. It seems that our old finance person (the nice lady who always bought me SW stuff) was stealing money from the company. She quit last month on her own to move up to Ridgecrest but since then the new finance person has found some accounting problems. Like a million dollars over the coarse of a couple of years were sent to a vendor who so happened to also be in Ridgecrest. We don't do work with any vendor in Ridgecrest so us sending a million dollars to them would be odd.

Now this explains all the things that she has been doing over the past few years. Big family vacations to Disneyworld and to Alaska, bought two new expensive cars, remodeled the house in Burbank even adding a putting green, and bought a house in Ridgecrest putting in a swimming pool. So what I want to know is this. Do I have to give back Darth Tater to the company?

10. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    WOW! That's nuts SR. As for giving back Darth Tater, I don't you'd have to because a new putting green and expensive vacations would seem, to me, to overshadow a toy. Plus, there's no way to prove she purchased that item with the money she *alledgely* stole.

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Waving his hand, "This is not the Tater you're looking for".

Wouldn't making you give up Darth Tater be considered cruel and unusual punishment?

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    S_J, you do know that I know that Darth Tater is safe right? I ended the story with a joke. But just to be safe as told JF77, Darth Tater has entered SPA, the Spud Protection Agency. His insides are all mashed up over the situation, but we hope to pull through.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It's a scary situation! Our beloved bosses could be in trouble... :(

Now I know why a finance guy sent me some records last week asking what the purchases were...and I had no idea! All I ever order is office supplies for which I have records, and sodas, coffee and water for our area. I'm really mad because my name was used. Probably everybody's was. I did find it interesting that as soon as I said I had no records the finance guy ended the conversation really fast...now I know what was going on! [face_frustrated]

Mostly I'm mad that this woman's actions could endanger our bosses. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! So very, very wrong! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE THAT THEY WOULD STEAL LIKE THIS! I really don't get it -- the company treats us quite well!

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh the saga continues. This lady has really been bugging me. She wrote some emails and asked to know who my manager was so she could speak to them. She is so wrong it's crazy. I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm curious to know who my management will stand behind. It wouldn't be the first time they threw a small person like me under the bus to make a client happy.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh this week is dragging by! Good thing is that Friday will be a half day.

16. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Like sands of the hourglass, these are the days of our lives...

Is it friday yet?

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, because crazy lady was so crazy and her old department so understanding they gave me some cds yesterday as a thank you. Nothing says I'm right more than a gift from the enemy.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, that is so cool, SR. Did they send you an e-mail or something like that, too? I'd make sure I keep any correspondence, JIC....

19. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Skyryder & JediBith:

Watch the Spike Lee movie "She Hate Me" before you take any action.

Sad but true

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    2 more days Whooo Hoooo!!!! I'm actually wanting school to start. My, my, how the times have changed...

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    CBM it took me a couple of tries then parked the car in 42 seconds.

What is She Hate Me about?

Friday is looking good now but today I learned that one of our employees is going to be out on vacation and she has a big project that is going to happen Friday, so guess who gets to do it for her? Me of course.

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    She Hate Me is about a yuppie whistle blower whose vindictive ex-boss pulls a switch & says he blew the whistle because the "hero" was doing insider trading & was afraid he would be caught. As a result, all the hero's bank accounts are frozen, the FBI is after him and he finds a new and interesting way of earning money, suggested by his lesbian ex-girlfriend. My opinion is that it's at least as funny as "40 Year Old Virgin", but then again, I am kind of a Spike Lee fan (despite rumors that he's a bit of a racsist.)

P.S.
    Today is Thursday.
    Tomorrow is Friday.
    Tomorrow is payday & I get a longevity increase.
    YAY!

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Today is my payday!!! and month end lunch.We're having Jerk Chicken and other Jamican food.

I had jerk chicken, peach cobbler, key lime pie(it wasn't the greatest), something Bleu salad, and another dessert that had raisins, but it wasn't good either. The jerk chicken was the best!

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    So glad it's a short week! When it's hot like this, the office A/C (heck, A/C everywhere) always goes into overdrive, freezing us out! Today I forgot to bring a sweater, too! Brrrr.

Ooooh! I just found an emergency sweatshirt in my drawer. Problem is it's kinda sloppy for the rest of my outfit...hmmmmm: sloppy or cold? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.