main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "Is It Friday Yet?" Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I had a very trying client today. She is pretty much the bottom of the totem pole but she likes to think she is much higher. KB is her initials JB and she used to work in our building on the 1st floor near you.

Anyway, my coworker IP and I go to visit her because she will be moving again on Thursday. We have no say so in why she has to move or where. We just do as her boss and our boss instructs. Well KB proceeds to give us the long story about how important her work is and how she needs privacy and won't be able to get it in the cubicle they are putting her in. Also she complained that when she was hired that she was promised an office yet three years later she is still without one. She told us she had offers to go to another job and she is thinking about taking it.

When IP and I left I turned to her in the elevator and said who does she think we are Dr. Phil and Oprah? (IP is an African American woman so you see that's funny). IP laughed, cause we don't care about KB's problems we are just there to move her.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    She borrowed a book from me and "forgot" to return it. [face_frustrated] I feel your pain though, because she used to come into my office every day and tell me some sob story about something. My boss figured it out, and would "call" me to save me!

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    She must then have it on the bookcase near her cube that contains $100s of dollars worth of books she has purchased with her own money. So I must make sure that they are all safe and nothing lost during the move.

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm sleepy. I've wanted to be home all week but no such luck.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I woke up at 3am this morning with a headache. I also learned some depressing news this morning. Nothing big or to worry about just not fun stuff. Then I get to work to learn that one of my projects wasn't completed this morning as planned because the client didn't do their part last night after I gave instructions on what to do. So now they are going to call me to complain eventhough it's their fault.

However this time next week I'll be with some of you and we will be watching some movies and having a great time.

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Aw, SR! [:D] Yes, the force will be with us in ONE WEEK!!!

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm sooo sleepy right now. Jet Lag sucks. I can't wait for next week. My main goal is to have fun.

8. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Sorry SR to hear about that.

Look forward to the marathon one week from today!
    And soo looking forward to CIV!!! Going to be so tired with all the walking around and little sleep --- but so worth it!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry SR, I hope it's not too serious.

Today we took pictures (again) for a photo org chart (again) so I did my best to not look like normal self. I curled my hair, wore glasses, changed my part, and put a wookie on my shoulder. Okay, so I had to remove the wookie but the rest of it is true. The last time we did this (a year ago) I just wore glasses and wore my hair down versus pulled back or up in a pony tail. Oddly enough, it was enough to throw some co-workers who could not find my picture. That made me laugh! I hate doing this. Stupid pictures.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm unearthing the Work Sucks thread. The last post was in May.

I'm scared at what is happening at work lately. JB and I have a new boss and this person is changing everything. It may be good it may be bad from here I can't tell but today we got some really weird news. I'm no longer allowed to go through our Labor Foreman and Gang Boss number 1 if I need help. I must talk to Gang Boss #2. He's a nice guy but old and crazy. He wastes time by telling you long drawn out stories about how the old days were. He also like to recreate old Vauldville skits and recites them by memory. I literally don't have time for a song and dance sometimes at work. I was told this through voicemail so maybe the drugs made me hear something different but if it is true work is going to be a lot different.

11. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    But you get your "lunches" right?

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I went for a couple of weeks without lunch thanks to the new boss. It is nooooo fun.

13. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Now I'm scared to come over and talk with you guys! I don't want to get you in trouble... The new boss sounds mean and scrooge-ish!

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Not so much mean, but really, really tough. I've been under so much stress that I've not been sleeping...so I'm out again today. I feel horrible. :(

15. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    They were shooting that new show Caveman on the lot outside Capra. Their camera lift thing run on diesel and the exhaust was piped into our building giving a bunch of us headaches. I was annoyed by them and lucky they weren't shooting when I came out to go home because I walked right through them all, next to the caveman. I wasn't all that impressed. I'll be surprised if its on the air past January...

16. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    What is this show CAVEMAN? Is it a documentary, a comedy, a drama? It actually sounds interesting.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    It's a very stupid concept -- it's based on those Geico Caveman commercials... :rolleyes:

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    ...and now it sounds a lot LESS interesting.

19. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Like I said, off the air by January...

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    You have foreseen it!

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I feel your pain, SR and JB. I had a very unreasonable boss once and it was aych-ee-double hockey sticks. I have a stupidhead co-worker right now who is totally unreasonable.

22. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    It is friday but it is technically my Monday :(. I'm off today and then I work. Work. Work....Hope everyone else has good weekend plans.

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We're taking the kids to the L.A. County Fair. Scary food and rides: what could be better!?

24. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I did the orange county fair, that was enough for me for the summer.

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I am absolutely that it's Friday, and Payday for us as well. I plan to sleep in, work out and do housework both days and could not think of a better way to spend this weekend. *Sigh.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.