main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "Is It Friday Yet?" Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I just want to go to a high school game to revisit my youth. I won't really watch the game. I'll do what I did when I was in school sneak down under the bleachers and........

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    :eek: SR!

Our Varsity game is tomorrow night but there is no school this Friday so it's okay.

3. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yay it's friday! And yay, I have the weekend off, it's a pre-Christmas miracle (which is coming soon!)

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm so very happy it is Friday. Payday, no work, was with friends tonight, will be with friends tomorrow, going to Disneyland on Sunday.

I have no worries for two whole days. This is good.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    And how quickly it is over and I'm back here again. I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I can sit here and talk to you guys. Though you aren't on right now due to it being a holiday I suppose. You guys are all in bed still. I'm jealous but I'll survive, here alone, at work. Even my coworker, who keeps me company has taken the day off to be in Palm Springs.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Why don't you have the day off SR? Does SPE hate the veterans?

I'm awake -- I got up at 4:30...I don't know why! [face_tired] I'm about to sit on hold with our web site's customer service line again, in the vain hope that a human will pick up the phone and fix our site. [face_plain]

Then, I'll be sending out the latest batch of resumes to be ignored. I haven't gotten one call, and I've been applying since August. Guess it's time to remove the MA again. [face_frustrated]

I had a fun weekend though: the Padawan and I played tennis. I haven't done that in a while! Next Friday (to keep this on topic) he has a 'cello recital -- I can't wait!

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I wish him luck for Friday keeping it on topic.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I HATE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just given two huge projects that will monopolize every weekend between Dec 1st to the end of the year, minus that one weekend I'll be in Texas.

Why?!?!?! Why am I being punished!

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Because you do excellent work. If you did lousy a job, they wouldn't give you all this work.

Today is Friday for a lot of people in my office. I'm gonna be all alone tomorrow.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh no!! Does that mean we won't be seeing you at the Outer Rim Christmas Parade on the first?

Seriously, if you can't make it, I'll be sad. I was looking forward to seeing you and your new costume!

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Poor SR.

I am totally looking forward to Friday. I'm going on a weekend trip. Super excited to get away from the area for a bit, and have a 3 day weekend.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JF77 you and me both. I wanted to cry. This is how I'm going to work it: I'm going to get one project pushed to January because we are over worked as it is and no one is going to be around during this time and it makes things hard on those that are here. The other project I think if I do my job right I won't have to babysit on the weekend. We shall see. Keep your fingers crossed.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am currently overworked at the office. It's JR's stupid project. Man! The stupid engineer before me did not take ALOT of things into consideration when doing this job and now I have clean up his mess. Stupid guy! I can't wait for tomorrow. My co-worker will be off and so I can listen to my iPod in peace without worrying about him feeling like he's going to disturb me by asking me questions.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's how my week is going DH. Cleaning up other people's mistakes. Though I'm going to shut up now about hateing work.

I complained to my roommate and he said, at least you still have a job. Then he told me about his sister being laid off. I thought I guess I should just shut up and be thankful I can work. No more hateing the job. But I can still dislike it a lot.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I hear you SR though it's hard not to complain about work sometimes. I am grateful to have a job where I am somewhat fairly compensated. I'd love more but then I'd have to get a promotion and that's bad.

16. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    SR, I'm sorry you're hating your work right now. I was under the impression, up until very recently, that you liked your job & thought your boss had some potential.

Yes, I know what you mean, though, about being grateful to even have a job.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Just goes to show you how a new SVP can change a mood of a whole department.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I had to endure our completely inane weekly meeting for JR's project. I got some stuff done but the structural engineer was worthless. Waste of time. I hate that project.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I blame JR for the troubles at my work too. He doesn't work there, but I'm sure he plays a part in it. If he designed better roads then people wouldn't be so cranky and take it out on us DH.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm all for blaming JR for the ills of the world.

I'm glad this is this week's Friday.

21. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Last weekend was full of running errands and spending time with friends. Next weekend is GForce's party.

Hopefully, this weekend I'll get the chance to mop the kitchen and 'fresher floors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.