main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "Is It Friday Yet?" Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Who's that song by? I've heard it maybe once, and I think I liked it.
    I've never been to a country concert...I like the music, but maybe not enough to pay as much as/more than a rock concert price. I'd go if someone else wanted to too.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Gretchen Wilson is her name. Ok, if I'm going to Foo Fighters with you, then you are going to go to the next country concert with me.

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't want to work anymore today. I may not get paid this week. We have this new Time and Attendance program that we started last week. We I guess I did something wrong. Payroll called today to tell me to redo it. I did and they said that didn't help so they had to get some computer programers on it.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    No wonder you didn't get invited to the Ghostbusters Party.

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Allright. I'd better get listening to some KZLA or something...

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey, tomorrow's friday and I'm actually excited! I'm at the little buzz RIDE all weekend. (DH we call it the little buzz ride at work, but i cringe every time)

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, tomorrow is Friday and the best thing about it is it is going to be a long weekend for those of us in Civil service. Mr. DH says we may go to D-Land for a while on Monday. :)

8. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yay it's almost Friday and we're going to North Carolina for the weekend where it's rainy!!!

9. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Is it Stan?

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Have a safe trip, BeSo and JB!

Friday! Yeah! Long weekends are great.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I love N.C. Have a great time JB and BeSo. I'll be burning up in the desert.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We were supposed to go out of town this weekend but we have my b-i-l's 50th b-day tomorrow night and other stuff so it sort of messed up our plans.

I want to see Serenity again.

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm at work today although it's supposed to be my day off. Overtime for me. I may have to work overtime on all my days-off from now until the end of the year. I kind of need the money right now anyway. We just bought a new Sony VAIO notebook computer for my wife, YodaGirl. She also got an iPod Nano for her birthday (from me). I don't get to collect SW stuff anymore. We're living well over our means.. the American way!

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    LOL. I know what you mean JR. I want an ipod and a digital camera. But I'm too lazy and cheap to buy them.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, while I was away in DV over the weekend, the Sony lot went to pot. The electricity is out and we are running on generators, but they keep going out. Then the power outage caused a water pipe to burst because it was supposed to be released by timer and of coarse it ran on electricity so the entire south west side of the lot is under water. The phones went out, and a lady in our department was in a terrible car accident over the weekend.

Bad luck for Sony Studios.

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    See what happens when you're not around, SR? :) I hope the lady in the car accident will be OK.

More car accident vignettes: This morning as I'm leaving for work around 7:00 AM, Mom has the TV on and we get the "breaking news" on the news channels. I had heard helicopters flying around, but that's not a big deal where I live LOL. So I go in to see what's doing and some guy has crashed his SUV into a power pole just up the street. Must of been a slow news day because every TV helicopter was overhead, lined up in a straight line. It looked like an outtake from Apocalypse Now.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess the solution is Sony no longer allows SR to leave town, though one time SR and I went to a movie over the weekend and he ignored his pager everytime it went off.

VK, that is funny, though scary. Hope no one was hurt.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I didn't get to post this morning because I was with the lady who I moved yesterday. Yesterday we had this floor plan that she and the designer worked out for her new office. I went by that floor plan and told the movers where to put everything. So this morning I get to work thinking all we have to do is hang a few pictures and that be that. Well I met her at her office this morning with two movers and she decided that she wants to change the whole layout and do everything over. I spent another four hours this morning with this one lady who is practically fired anyway.

I wanted to kill her.

I hope she is happy now. But it is 2pm now and I'm done with her.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor SR. I'm really looking forward to Friday.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today at work should be better, not that yesterday was all that bad. It's not like I'm digging in coal mines or anything. I shouldn't complain about things. Today we are having a vendor luncheon and these people are coming from Antron Carpet to show us how they make carpet and the new techniques involved in creating environmentally friendly carpets.

How exciting!

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't want to go to work again today. I wish it were Saturday morning.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I wanted to stay home too. :(

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Today is a good day for me, because I can actually breathe, and need not be attached to my asthma inhalers. Thanks goodness.

thats all I have to contribute.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm super-sleepy.
    I have to work overtime tomorrow. My 3rd OT day in a row. I haven't had a Friday off since September. No wonder I'm really tired.

I need the extra $$ though. Got bills to pay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.