main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it futile to try to fit the entire EU into one all-encompassing continuity?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, Mar 3, 2002.

?

Is it futile to try to fit the entire EU into one all-encompassing continuity?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
  1. Yes, it’s just too big to entirely avoid contradictions

18.5%
  2. Yes, but by declaring certain problematic parts of the EU “Infinities” continuity could be estab

32.3%
  3. No, though declaring certain problematic parts of the EU “Infinities” would certainly help

18.5%
  4. No, everything fits together perfectly already

29.2%
  5. Other (please elaborate)

1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Maybe CS didn't suck for you, but the majority of sw hates it!

So? Didn't know everything was based on popularity contests. If in two years, there were more Zahn dislikers than fans, would you accept it being cut? Course not. Think like that

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Just because it is canon doesnt deafet the purpose that everyone hates it and wishes it never existed."

Also a false comment on your part, I liked crystal star as well as did many of my friends who read it. We are part of everyone but that doesn't mean that everyone doesn't like the books, because some do.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    The fact that " the majority of sw hates it " is irrelevant here, 'Dude. What Genghis and Val are trying to tell you is that even though that TCS may or may not be among many fans' favorite novels, that does not change the fact that TCS is indeed canon, it is indeed official, and it isnt going anywhere.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Just wait, in 5 years opr so ill be able to deafet you guys in any kind of argument.

5. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Just wait, in 5 years opr so ill be able to deafet you guys in any kind of argument.

What does the passing of time have to do with the validity of your argument? You will be just as wrong about the legitimacy CS in five years as you are today. I didn't especially like it, and I though Waru was perhaps the cheesiest thing in Star Wars since the Holiday Special, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss it.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    GL' contradiction, without a one line fix in Episode II, along the lines of:

"You should heed Master Yoda, Padwan for he was my first Master." da da da.

Without that the six movies will contradict, it was only in the JA books that the issue was addressed.

It might be said this is an advantage for the EU but I will leave that question open...

Jedi Ben

p.s. I'd say it is futile to fit everything into a grand continuity, praiseworthy yes but also impossible.

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Once my brain develops I can challenge em!

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Once your brain is developped you'll understand why your views are wrong.

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Ah damn, right again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.