main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Is it just me or is Anakin 10 time better in Episode 3 then the other 2.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by akasha_ishtar, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akasha_ishtar

akasha_ishtar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey People

I am new to all this Forums thing so I am still get the hang of it so please give me a chance. I have been looking up alot about Episode 3 and I have found that I have now become a Anakin fan. In Episode 1 he was a pain, Episode 2 he was up himself but now in Episode 3 he is just so cool. I mean, for all our female fans of him, he is so much better looking in the new one and the scar by his right eye sutes him. But anyway I was hoping I could find out what you guys all think about what he is like in Episode 3, from most people I am hearing good things. So yea hope you all welcome me in as a new one and let me know what ya think.:D

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Welcome to the boards.

Firstly I wasn't aware Ep 3 was out yet.

Secondly, he was 'a pain' in Ep 1? He was a 6 year old... The actor clearly suits an 'angry role' (as seen in the trailor for 'the house' (or whatever). Hayden, yes, is average in Ep 2. Hopefully his role as Ani is better in Ep 3 solely due to anger.

3. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Sorry if I was making it sound like Episode 3 was out now, I was just saying thst from the trailers he looks like he is going to be much better then he was in the other 2. So sorry again.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    No need to appologise :p

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    it's much easier to make a good trailer than it is to make a good film. I remember being so excited when both the Ep I and Ep II trailers came out. Don't ge me wrong ... I still enjoy those two film, but I'd say that the films are both quite flawed, whereas the trailers looked amazing.

Basically, I woudn't hold my breath.

Although, I must admit that I thought Hayden was great in Ep II. A lot of people seem to slag him off, but I thought he was realy good.

Oh, and welcome ...

6. Darth_Jubei

Darth_Jubei Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    OOO YES ! is better...

sorry i introduce myself..I´m Darth Jubei and i come from Chile.I want invite to you to this address

http://boards.theforce.net/Chile/b10560/

If you want to meet our forum.

Don´t worry about!..we undestand u ..

BYE !

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Akasha don't listen to a thing SFL says, he just has angry short man syndrome! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

But yeah like others have said i'll reserve my judgement till after i've actually seen the movie. But yeah he looks pretty cool in the trailer.

Oh yeah and welcome to the boards, it's like we're being invaded by freakin n00bs :p

8. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I know what you mean hold off judgement untill the film comes out, but been the mad movie and Star Wars buff I am I can not help myself...lol:p

9. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I see from your profile that your in Christchurch studying Egyptology??

Where abouts in chch are you doing that? SFL and myself used to study down there ourselves.

10. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    I study at the University of Canterbury, it is only a part time course once a week but there 2 parts to the course and I am about to finish the first part tonight. The next part starts next month and each one runs for 6 weeks, each term they start new ones on diferent things to do with acient Egypt. If this goes well for me I will be going up to Auckland University to do a full time thing on hieroglyphs which goes for a year and if that goes well I will go going over to the UK for about 4 or 5 years to do one of the courses they have over there on Egyptology.

11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Nice, yeah i went to Canterbury for 4.5 years, good times, good place.

12. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    The University is a nice place but it is so huge, very easy to get lost in and I know all about geting lost there, the first day I was lost for about an hour just trying to find where to go to sign up for my course.:D

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, Christchurch is a great place. Spent 3 years doing a BSc at Lincoln Uni (25mins from Canty uni)... but I have to admit, I'm starting to get back into the Auckland swing. And having lunch swim breaks at Gulf Harbour isn't too shabby :D Lovin' it.

14. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Cool, as I said I might be going up to Auckland next year so I will have to see how I cope with that, having lived in the south all my life[face_worried]

15. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    I just found this on the net and I thought you guys would like to read it. It is the full Dooku Duel from Episode 3. Let me know what you all think.:D

****SPOILERS****

The ongoing space battle over Coruscant is visible outside the massive windows of the General's Quarters on board the Federation Cruiser. The multi-leveled room is cold and metallic, featuring familiar flower-shaped control consoles on either side of the room. Palpatine can be seen, cuffed to a large (and also familiar) chair, across the room. The sound of the large entry doors are heard and our heroes Obi-Wan and Anakin step in, looking over the room from the small balcony. The two proceed down one of the sets of stairs on either side of the balcony and walk to the kidnapped Chancellor. There doesn't seem to be any sign of the rumored General Grievous... maybe this won't be so hard after all.

Just as the two Jedi reach Palpatine, a concerned look comes over him, and with a nod, he simply says, "Dooku". Anakin and Obi-Wan turn to see Count Dooku step through the entry doors with a SuperBattleDroid at each side. He casually walks forward to the railing and in a sudden and surprising acrobatic feat he springs forward, flipping and twisting over the railing, and sticks a solid landing on the floor below. Rising from his crouched position he unclips his curved lightsaber from his belt, but does not ignite it. The two droids stand guard at the doorway above.

Dooku strides across the room confidently and says, "Your swords please, gentlemen. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor." The two Jedi are not about to underestimate the Count again. They immediately begin shedding their robes in preparation for battle. They walk forward to meet Dooku in the middle of the room. "This time we'll take him together." says Obi-Wan to his former apprentice. Anakin replies, "I was just about to say the same thing." as they come to a stop, standing face to face with Dooku once again.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku." states Obi-Wan as he ignites his lightsaber. Anakin does the same. Dooku holds his saber out at his side and switches it on as well. "Do not assume that just because there are two of you, that you have the advantage." warns Dooku. Palpatine looks on anxiously.

Within moments the duel has begun and the three fighters engage in a flurry of attacks and spins. Dooku manages to keep both Jedi at bay with some extravagant swordplay. After a few seconds the fighting breaks and Dooku steps away from the Jedi, backing toward the entrance side of the room. Anakin and Obi-Wan follow cautiously and together they attack again. This part of the room is more open and the three now fight with large lunges and traverse much more distance. Acting on a quick moment of weakness, Dooku thrusts out his open palm at Obi-Wan, and sends the Jedi flying backward with the Force. Anakin does not hesitate to continue his attack on the Sith Lord who cost him his arm 3 years ago. Anakin fights Dooku with much skill and confidence. Clearly, he has grown much more powerful since their last encounter. Anakin forces Dooku backward, and up the nearest set of stairs to the raised balcony.

Obi-Wan gets back to his feet and heads for the other set of stairs. The two SuperBattleDroids on the balcony now open fire on Obi-Wan, who blocks and deflects the blaster shots as he proceeds up the stairs. He ricochets one blaster bolt back at the farthest droid, which strikes the droid's chest and takes him out. The other droid continues shooting and begins walking down the stairs. Obi-Wan swiftly hacks the SuperBattleDroid in half as he passes it to reach the top of the stairs. He rejoins the action and the duel becomes two-on-one again.

Dooku is determined to seperate his opponents so that he can handle them each separately. Dooku delivers a strong kick to Anakin, which sends him tumbling back. Dooku then uses the Force to attack Obi-Wan once again. This time

16. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    WOah SPOILER alert.

You should really warn people about thing like this and maybe black it out.

I'm not gonna read as i wanna be as fresh as possible for viewing

17. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Sorry, I dont think about these things...lol

18. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Don't worry good old Hawk to the rescue! =D=

19. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Yea saved my skin, I am new here and already geting into trouble, oh well thats me for ya.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    When you post something that may or may not be common knowledge, aka a spoiler. Type the following without spaces:

[ hl = black ] [ color = black ] Type what you want here [ / hl ] [ / color ]

and it will appear like this:

Type what you want here

and to read it. click and drag your mouse over the black. Wala!

MAEK ME A ADM1N

21. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    No I think it is just you akasha_ishtar. Hayden Christiansten couldnt act in Ep2 or his other poo bum movie Shattered Glass. I dont think he can ast in Ep3 either, no matter how angsty and emo he is. Lets just hope there is no sand is poos speech again or anything like it.

If anyone is going to be able to act in Ep3 its going to be Ian "im the Emporer" MacDermint. hes the bomb and plays Palapatien so well in the trailer.

Notice paragraphs people.

22. EYEM_TEH_LEPRECORN

EYEM_TEH_LEPRECORN Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    Also noted is NCEA inglish.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oops, sock. :)

24. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Chears for that idea on how to cover up things like spoilers I will do it next time.:D

25. akasha_ishtar

Mar 13, 2005
    Have you guys seen the new Vanity Fair magazine?

It has a 14 page Special on Episode 3, with a load of pics from the set. It also has a very cool 4-page foldout cover with the cast on it.

I still have not read the article yet but I am sure it will be good, but the magazine cost me $14.95, a bit pricey but I have paid more for an Empire mag from the UK.

Have you all also seen that on Friday night on Rove he is doing an interview with Hayden Christensen about Episode 3, we may get to find out a few new things about it.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.