main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it just me...?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN

BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else, but the idea only just occured to me:

If the progression of the Sith is determined by the successor killing the master, then in some weird twisted way, isn't Luke the new Sith Lord as well as a Jedi Master? He was responsible for the death of Palpatine, as well as the death of the clone, who he studied under. And while I know this is a stretch of logic, and that by no stretch of the imagination is Luke evil, doesn't this technically, in title anyway, make Luke a Sith?

And if the popular belief that Jacen is the next Sith is true (IT'S NOT!), what does this bode for the future...?

Or maybe that's the Christmas turkey still talking.

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That's like asking if a Buddist kills the Pope, will they be the new Pope.

The answer is no. Why would a Buddist want that, not that they could anyway.

And if the popular belief that Jacen is the next Sith is true (IT'S NOT!), what does this bode for the future...?

It will be Ben, the brat that will be never told no, because his mother let Luke have only monthly visitations with his son, lest he get any ideas about raising him.

You know, Mara "MY SON" Jade..... Skysomething, let Luke hold Ben *once* in the entire NJO? He probabl;y had to beg, since that seems deriguer for Luke, the default plaything.

Ben will soon change his name to Mordred, and vow to kill his father, encouraged by Margana.

3. BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN

BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm not saying that it's an actual fact or that it actually means anything, but that in title, it's technically true.

And as long as it isn't revealed that Mara is Luke's long-lost half-sister or something, Ben and Mara can do whatever the hell they want.

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That's like asking if a Buddist kills the Pope, will they be the new Pope.

OK, I can agree with that, but I don't think Ben is a spoiled brat....yet.

It is nice to see that somebody else read The Once and Future King though. ;)

AG88

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    JEDI_MAN...
    "He was responsible for the death of Palpatine, as well as the death of the clone, who he studied under."

Luke didn't do either one. Luke was getting his ass handed to him by Palpatine when Vader tossed him down the "Jedi Duelling Pit," and it was Han Solo who facillitated the death of Palpatine's spirit by forcing it into the dying Humpty-dumpty Brand.

Luke didn't have a hand in either action.

6. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    True.

I love Luke. Luke is a hero.

But..... he gets way more credit than he deserves.

*LANDO* blew up the second DS, with Han's help from below, due to Han's quick thinking. The Rebel forces brought down the Empire, not Luke.

While Luke was standing around being righteous, other people were doing the work. He is the only difference inthe outcome.

If Luke HAD died along with them, there might not have been other Jedi, but I doubt that, Luke would have come and taught Leia in ghostly form.

What wouldn't have happened, is Kyp blowing up a sun and annhilating a solar system.

Alpha Red would have stop the Vong.

And Mara would still be a manager for a smuggling company, with no real force ability, and die an old maid, which is what she deserved...

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I think the progression follows the apprentice killing the master.

-Seldon

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    yup... as vader killed palpatine, and left no immediate apprentice of his own.. the sithly line ended with Vader as the last lord of the sith.

possibly one of vader's dark side apprentices could lay claim to the title, as they were apprentices under vader... Lumiya?

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    and it was Han Solo who facillitated the death of Palpatine's spirit by forcing it into the dying Humpty-dumpty Brand.

Hey, don't forget that it was Leia who initiated the Force Harmony that lead to Palpatine's death over Pinnacle Base prior to his final one on Onderon. She linked Luke and the as yet born Anakin to make the effect even stronger. It was Palpatine's own Force Storm that killed him, but he would have not been killed by it if he hadn't lost control of it. And he wouldn't have lost control if Leia's use of Force Harmony hadn't caused him some problems.

10. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    hm, this is REALLY knocking off a preexistent McEwok post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.