main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Census Is it ok to punch fascists in or around their face?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Feb 2, 2017.

?

can - and indeed, *should*, you punch a fascist in their face?

1. Yes, it's a proud tradition

49 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. I'M NOT RACIST BUT no I think it's infringing free speech, violence isn't the answer, etc

23 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm not sure it matters. The people who are advocating fascist-punching are saying, "Hurt them. Make examples of them. Make other fascists afraid." Not "Hurt them, but don't like REALLY hurt them or anything."

2. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2014
    Death is different. Not everyone, but perhaps a few people would reconsider if they understood the chance of brain damage and death from skull fractures due to their actions.

I also really doubt fascists would become afraid if someone died. Perhaps a few would, but I think they are much more likely to become furious and come out armed to the teeth with baseball bats, knives, and, if they're in the United States, guns.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Right, but their ideology etc is not something that's risen with Trump. It's been there for years - Stormfront et al aren't new sites. What Krynoid Man is missing here is that they're emboldened to appear in public at rallies because the idiot your people elected has refused to condemn them. And not because I think he enjoys their ideology - he just is so insecure he needs fanbois.

For all his faults, and they are many, Dubya would never have welcomed or tolerated or defended these fascist ****bags. Therein lies the difference.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    The Oklahoma city bombing was linked to a neo-nazi sect. So, yeah, this is nothing new and people shouldn't pretend.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018