main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Is it ok to punch fascists in or around their face?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Feb 2, 2017.

?

can - and indeed, *should*, you punch a fascist in their face?

1. Yes, it's a proud tradition

58 vote(s)
    68.2%
  2. I'M NOT RACIST BUT no I think it's infringing free speech, violence isn't the answer, etc

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Then you punch yourself in the face - for dessert

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    That indeed is a very good article. My view is largely compatible with Cohen's and Stern's. Punch him if he's being physically threatening; don't punch him for his views. It's immortal and also counterproductive when trying to work against them.

I totally did feel schadenfreude about it at the time, though. But once again I agree with Cohen that that's different.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sometimes, violence is a necessary evil.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    I believe that being strong/being a capable fighter behoves a person to act in some situations. Reading about military veterans travelling to Dakota to stand between hired thugs and protesters brought a smile to my face. That's what strength is for.

TX-20, Juliet316 , Rew and 3 others like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ This.

Bad guys use human shields. Good guys are human shields.

TX-20, Juliet316 , MrZAP and 3 others like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What if use bad guys as a human shield?

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So if you use a drone strike or say, helicopter gunship to slaughter those bad guys and their human shields, and any other poor innocent discarded as collateral damage, do you remain a good guy or part of a vast imperialist power with scant regard for liberty or human rights? [face_flag]

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Commonly known as "The Israeli Option"

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I thought it was the Obama Doctrine?

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He more or less borrowed it from the Israeli's.

According to them, it is better to blow up an entire apartment block just to get one guy. Then, when the UN complains, say everyone was a member of Hamas but the raging fire burned all the evidence.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Worth noting.

SuperWatto likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, I thought it was a new comic book series.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Rew, yeurgh, CT1138 and 7 others like this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  18. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm going to give a 'no' only because I don't trust Americans to accurately define fascism.

19. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Nazi skinheads vs. AntiFA, on a Russian TV drama

:D

That's how it goes does IRL too, over there lol

I hate skinheads. We had a bunch in my school too, growing up over there. I fought with them, me and others, couple times. My mom is half-Jewish, my girlfriend was ethnic minority (Armenian), another good friend "ethnic" also, a Muslim Ingush from North Caucasus, I got no time for that nope

Punched one of them, who was in my class, after he insulted my girlfriend. Pretty sure I got him good, knocked out a tooth.

Other time, three of them, all big, older guys, came after my Muslim friend, outside, in the yard. I grew up with this dude, Magomed, you know. We went to kindergarten together, lived in same apartment building. We were like brothers from different mothers :) His mom taught math in our school (never seen her or Magomed's sister ever wear a hijab, btw, totally secular folks), and her on my mom were also old friends, from university :D So, you get it. We weren't blood, but closest thing to it without being it. I was in PE class, and someone told me that the skinheads are going after Magomed in the yard. We were playing Lapta, a Russian game like baseball (but not exactly, bats are square, instead of round, among other things). I just grabbed a bad and ran over there, without thinking. They were wailing on him already. He is a proud guy, Magomed, never in his life walked away from a fight, to this very day, he now competes as a boxer :) But these were three older guys (Grade 9, vs. us in Grade 6 back then). One of them was holding him, others were pummeling him. And I just smashed the guy holding him with the bat, right on the head. I am swinging madly at all of them, Maga is kicking at the one I bashed with the bat. Then, I recall another buddy of ours, Andrey (also our classmate, but he was a huge guy, we all called him Kalancha, Tower, he was already like, over 6 feet by then, he is 7 feet now, plays basketball lol) jumps in out of nowhere, and starts swinging his fists, which are the size of my nope head, btw. Three on three now, and I got a bat, remember, and was already, by then, training seriously in Thai kickboxing. Basically, we ended up humiliating those nope, actually haha

We all ended up kicked out of school. The skins threatened to stab me or something later. Never did anything though. Because skinheads are nope.

anakinfan edit: You need to familiarize yourself with our disallowed words policy.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  20. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Is it ok to punch Feminazis?

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No, not is it OK to violate site policy against hate speech and sexism.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is no such thing as a 'feminazi', bruh.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

When anarchists leave the basement...

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Yea, promoting violence.

25. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Yes. In real life, I am easy to provoke into a fight, and I have zero tolerance for enemies of democracy and equality.

The conservative dictatorship in power now would use me as anti left propaganda.