main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is It Possible That Anakin Was Born on Nal Hutta?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dominick1216, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not really.

2. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    What's the point of a debate if that's all you're willing to say? We're just speculating after all, there's obviously no hard facts.

I just think it's an interesting book. :) And while it's obvious that Lucas wanted Anakin's origins to remain open to interpretation, I believe that Luceno did a pretty good job of, again, showing what might have been going on. At the very least, it shows that Plagueis had a lot of interesting projects going on when Palps ended him.

My personal view - because in a way it's so poetic to me - has always been that the Sith (Plagueis more so than Palps), through whatever means, were at least indirectly responsible for Anakin's miracleous birth and consequently for their own demise.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If it's not canon, it ceased to be an indicator of anything.

Alienware likes this.
  4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Not really. TCW and Rebels have canonized countless bigger and smaller aspects of the EU thought to be non-canon. So have the Disney era books and comics. Besides, Lucas himself reviewed and approved specific parts of Luceno's Darth Plagueis, because it was so closely related to his films.

Force Smuggler and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think it's the most likely place. I kind of like George leaving Anakin's exact origins unknown though, since he is such a mythical character in the Star Wars universe.
    Anything having to do with Star Wars is not real either. Is debating that a waste of time? Just saying.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That doesn't contradict nor address my argument.

Source? Which parts?

7. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I'm under the impression that Luceno received a little information on Palpatine's backstory for the Plagueis novel.

Supposedly Luceno also once commented that he'd have chosen 'Tenebrous' as the name of the first Sith Lord ever to use the Darth Title*. So maybe it was not his decision to give that name to Plagueis' master? Perhaps that decision was made by someone at Lucasfilm, or even Lucas himself?

*http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Tenebrous#cite_note-5

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What information? From whom?

If anything, it implies that it was his decision since he couldn't name whoever first used the Darth naming scheme.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Darth Bane the first Darth chronologically in Lucas's mind?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    There were plenty of other Darths before Bane in the EU which Lucas approved. Which tells me that he considered them at least as legitimate as Bane.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As far as we know, yes. There were other Sith during Bane's time but we don't know if they had Darth as part of their name.

Lucas didn't approve the EU, in the sense that it's not and never was part of his story.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Lucas approved every bit of the EU. He even had a panel set up for that specific purpose. He didn't always read the EU or particularly like it, but any author of any book, comic, etc. had to follow his rules and approval process.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, he didn't. That was the job of the licensing department. He read some of it, but in the end he could care less about it all and always said that it's something separate from his works.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Um, yes, actually he did. Leland Chee was in charge of the database that they used and Sue Rostoni ran the approval board. And yes, it was part of the licensing dept. which he set up. And I did actually say that he didn't read it all or like it all. And yes, it was never considered cannon obviously. Just like I stated.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That doesn't mean he approved the content. That's licensing, nothing more. Unless you meant legally, but that's irrelevant to what was being discussed. Lucas created Bane, Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Tyranus and Vader. Those are the Darth that he created and approved.

16. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Lol, ok man, whatever.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not sure what's the problem. I was just clarifying that he wasn't involved in EU content. Darth Bane was not an EU creation.