Is it possible the prequel trilogy could be dropped from canon when Episode 7 releases?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BobaFett99, Mar 7, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. BobaFett99 Jedi Padawan

I'm curious if they'll forget about the prequels all together in Episode 7 like they never happened or will we see characters and stuff from the prequels like a very old Jar Jar Binks? Also I don't get why Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan Mcgregor are excited to reprise their roles their characters are dead at this time. Although I suppose Ewan Mcgregor can play Obi Wan as a Force Ghost in Episode 7 with make up that makes him look like an old man. But Mace Windu is definately dead unless like Qui Gon he learned how to become a Force Ghost.
    Last edited by BobaFett99, Mar 7, 2013
  2. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    :rolleyes: on the thread title alone.
    Last edited by DarthBreezy, Mar 7, 2013
    VMeran, VadersLaMent and Valairy Scot like this.
  3. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    I would think the possibility of that would be less than infinitesimally small.
  4. Han Yolo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Absolutely be dropped...the story isnt important part of the OT at all....

oh wait, Yes Yes it is....
  5. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
  6. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Well maybe Akosha will save Mace from his death fall at the end of TCW (she's been seeing the future clear enough I suppose to pull it off)... after all Lucas' original script has Mace Windu as the narrator. I'd be opposed to this in principle but would likely overlook it if handled well and could finally see Samual L Jackson being a badass Jedi, but as to Ewan Mcgregor in ep 7 I must say no thanks, he can be in some spinoff movie instead featuring him meditating in his shack.

As to retconning just pretend the medicorian thing never happened, kill off JarJar, and make spin off movie futher down the road of amazing Clone War battles that we should have gotten but didnt.
    Last edited by Ryus, Mar 7, 2013
  7. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Love the thread idea however better suited for PT I think.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk
  8. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Why this constant, constant picking on, picking apart, "de-canonizing" the PT?

It's practically baiting nowadays.
  9. Jango_Fett21 Force Ghost

star 3
    Simple answer: no.

Complicated answer: [face_laugh]

I can't believe that anyone would seriously ask this question. I really can't.
  10. Sir Cronal Jedi Padawan

De-canonizing the PT is something that will never happen ... and why should it happen? Sadly, I'm not so sure about the fate of the EU after the release of Episode VII.
    DarthBreezy likes this.
  11. sinkie Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, he and Hayden-as-Anakin could appear together, and Luke could make a comment about him looking younger and Kenobi could be all like "Well, when I saw how Anakin chose to appear on Endor, I was all like, yeah, why am I sticking to this old body as a ghost? Oh and Yoda says hi too!" Then hold up a fish bowl with a little green long eared frog in it.
    Last edited by sinkie, Mar 7, 2013
    lbr789 likes this.
  12. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    I would rather they decannonize the OT, or at least remake it so we get real lightsaber duels. Also, remove all traces of The Clone Wars cartoon from the face of the earth. And all the EU.

you know what though, a remake of the OT would be really swell because this time we could have Ewan play Obi Wan in the OT AND he would not die in Ep4. We could also see him kick the butt of suited Vader (though stormtroopers bail him out at the last moment so Obi has to run) Also, no ewoks (heck replace them with gungans...at least the gungans in TPM knew how to fight and had shield generators)
  13. Jango_Fett21 Force Ghost

star 3
    ^ I have the exact same response to that as I did the original question: [face_laugh]
  14. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    [face_monkey]
  15. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    OP = the Maitlands, TF.N regulars = Beetlejuice.
    leiamoody likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  17. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't think it will be decanonized, but think it will be ignored. If they reference the PT at all, I bet it will be in the form of some good natured ribbing. Someone will say "Wizard" and get a strange look, a Gungan will suffer a cheer eliciting death, something along those lines.
    Last edited by KilroyMcFadden, Mar 7, 2013
  18. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Is it possible the Ewok movies could be dropped from canon when Episode 7 releases?
  19. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Best movies in the Saga...how dare you! [face_shame_on_you]
    Last edited by KilroyMcFadden, Mar 7, 2013
  20. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I was only asking out of dread.
  21. Jedi_Ford_Prefect Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, that's good natured. :rolleyes:

Realistically, I think we can expect reference to the PT in the form more advanced Jedi fighting and locations like Coruscant. Not to mention nods to the story of the PT-- perhaps wanting to avoid another galaxy engulfing Clone War scenario, or Luke wrestling with Anakin's legacy. If it's just an endless rehash of OT elements, it'll pretty much only please the forty-something fanboys and the first weekend's crowd, after which it'll be replaced in the charts by something with sparkly vampires, or something.
    Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Also, no. If the Ewok movies haven't gone the way of large marine reptiles, neither are the prequels.
    Last edited by DarthBoba, Mar 7, 2013
  23. Jedi_Ford_Prefect Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, the Ewok movies are out of print, aren't they? Nobody really cares about them. The Prequels have a fanbase. The Ewok movies don't, really.
  24. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That they're still canon with no fanbase (when the prequels do) suggests your hypothesis is even more flawed. :p
  25. Jedi_Ford_Prefect Force Ghost

star 4
    What hypothesis? I'm not supporting the idea that the PT is going to be made non-canon. I'm just saying that the Ewok movies are out of print, and don't have fans, for the most part.
Moderators: Bazinga'd