main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it possible to fix the Holiday Special?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Zar_Valen, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Would it be possible to "fix" the Holiday Special with edits and digital technology? The footage of the original cast (in costume no less) is a very rare thing and it seems like it could be salvaged for something!

2. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    of course but GL wont let it be done

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Two of Lucas's biggest things are trying to remove all traces of the Holiday Special, and editing his films. I wonder if we could tempt him with the possibility of editing the Holiday Special. [face_mischief]

Of course, the Holiday Special is perfect how it is, and doesn't need any changes. :p

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Yep I think it was Rick or someone but someone said how GL wants to crush every bootleg copy out there with a hammer

5. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    We talked about it awhile ago it would need either the orginal cast, which anit gonna happen. Or wookies might happen. They all go down and rip some troopers arms off.

6. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    All the high tech in the world won't make the freaking script for The Special any better.
    If you have a horrible script you are going to have a horrible show. And heaven knows the script for the Special is a horror from the depths of hell.

7. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Oh I don't know. It could have potential. Throw in a new song, like say some Jawas rapping or something. And then, punch up the script a little by digitally making Bea Arthur a bad guy or a Sith maybe. Plus, I like the idea of getting to see a Wookiee rip the arms off a stormtrooper. TV's edgier these days, you could probably get away with that. :)

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Take out a song probs the Liea one. Have a bunch of wookies go down, rip some arms and stuff. Easy(ish)

9. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    I got a copy saved on my harddrive and no ones going near it with a hammer.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

10. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    The only way that is possible is if you just edited it down to Han and Chewie in the cockpit of the Falcon for a total of about 3 minutes.

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I guess you could, anything can be fixed but here's a question, were can I get the Holiday Special since I don't have it.

12. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    ^^^^EBAY!!
    Maybe someday I will get it.

13. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    it was just a holiday special. not meant to be seen again. most holiday specials are crap. seen american idol xmas special?

14. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    The Star Wars Holiday Special - The Special Edition.

15. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    The SE of the holiday special would be a box with nothing inside of it or a blank tape

It's just so stupid

16. Aumgn

Aumgn Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Hey, Lumpy was pretty goddamn cute. He made that thing worth watching.

17. Darth_Mimic

Darth_Mimic Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I would like a virtual reality Wookie helmet...

Fix the special? It ain't possible 'cause it ain't broke...

18. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanks to FID for posting this in the Senate. I just had to post a link to it here. For those of you that are looking for a good "in depth" review of the Holiday Special in all it's glory (including Real Player files of the show to boot!), Click here and prepare to vomit and laugh at the same time. [face_sick] [face_laugh]

And no, judging from this review, there is no way that this show could EVER be fixed. LOL!

19. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    If GL were to edit out all the junk, the only thing that would be left would be the Boba Fett cartoon.

20. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    So how about this then. Keep the Boba Fett cartoon (the best part in my opinion), edit out all the Harvery Korman/Bea Arthur/Art Carney stuff, replace the Jefferson Starship thing and other musical number with um ANYTHING else (even the disco animation from the start of the video games or a Weird Al video or something), and give the Wookiees some subtitles so you can tell what the heck they're saying and I'd say that would be a big improvement.

Well, that and have a Wookiee rip off a stormtrooper's arms. :D

Actually, that would be a good fan film. Take the long Wookiee-speak segment and sub-title in some funny dialogue. Hmmm...

21. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Actually, that would be a good fan film. Take the long Wookiee-speak segment and sub-title in some funny dialogue. Hmmm...

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is the best HS idea I've heard for a long time! Give the new guy a biscuit! :D

I just ain't got the time to do it myself...

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Such nice words! Really, I would be up for it if I had a copy on my harddrive and knew how to edit video on the computer. It might be a worthwhile project though. I haven't made a fanfilm before but it's tempting.

Any suggestions on funny dialogue for the Wookiee family?

23. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    So, Itchy how are the fur lice going? still got them
    Yeah, the B@$+@ds dont seem to wanna go!

24. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Over at fan films we are starting the HS:SE! I start at x-mas any (not to hard to add) sugestions?

25. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    If by "fix" you mean release a "clean" copy with superior audio and video than yes, I think it would be possible.

I'd pay good money to get an officially licensed copy of the Holiday Special with "clean" audio and video on DVD. And if GL can find a way to make more money from SW, he usually will. ;)

[face_peace] :D [face_monkey]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.