main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it time for a Force.net Version 2.0? (Now discussing the new nav menus)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awesome job on the drop down menus to all. =D= =D=

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Edit: Never mind. I found the new nav menu.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Nice. Very neat stuff Grimby, and all who helped. I noticed before how you've been cleaning up a bit of the code (the banner images are far better sorted [face_laugh]) and this is a great addition. I like that no clicking is required.

Top stuff. :D

4. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I like the new system as well. Is there a time table for which board gets the upgrade next? Because I've noticed that the SWC has it now as well.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Its basically whenever Grimby or Dingo gets to it. No particular order, as far as I know.

6. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Alright, thank you. Keep is up guys!

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The menus are great! Good job, everyone!

8. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    To the Mods-on-High: I love the new nav menu's! They are fantastic! Just waiting till it's avaliable on all the forums.

9. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    I like the new nav menus! They're a lot prettier than the old drop-down things, and I like that clicking isn't required!

I'm just waiting until you get these things installed on the fanfic boards...

10. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Just want to echo everyone else's praises regarding the new drop-down menus - they're fantastic. Thank you to all those who put in the hard work. :)

11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, this is apparently not the popular opinion, but I hate the menus. It is easy enough for me to click on the Jedi Council Forums link and navigate my favorite boards, however, with the new drop down menu, often that button will be covered up very quickly by another board in the menu, and I will click on it instead of the Jedi Council Forums. It is very annoying.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    How is that possible when the menu loads below the Jedi Council Forums link?

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Unless I scroll all the way to the top of the page, or make it so the link is at the very bottom of my browser, the menu loads directly over the button.

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What browser and OS are you using? Because I honestly can't even make that happen on my computer.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm using Firefox/xp.

I wouldn't use them anyway(I don't find clicking Jedi Council Forums and then the favorite board I want very difficult), so they're just getting in my way. I'll get used to it eventually, but for me they are very obtructive at the moment.

Same results in IE.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Just used the Nav Menu to get from YJCC to PT. Very nice, very nice ideed. =D=

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Just checked this using my Firefox/XP mix.... not having the same issue, its loading below. Though I'd think its got to be a separate trigger than just the browser or OS, as I'd figure we've a lot of Firefox users, and a lot of XP users.

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm using Firefox/XP as well, and I can't get it to do that when I'm trying to... not sure why its doing that for you.

19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It can happen, if your browser window is smaller than the length of the menu it will shift up to fit into the window as best possible.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm on one of our work machines on XP Prof and IE8 and it's happening here in Comms. However, the machine next to me in our e-cafe has the same setup but a different screen resolution and it's fine.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, using the desktop today and it's not happening.

22. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    For me, if I hover over "» Jedi Council Forums" with the scollbar all the way up, the menu pops above. If the scrollbar is a click down, it pops below

...on the index for a forum, not this post new message page.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I just noticed something. When the menus expand in The Arena, the sports ticker goes blank.

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, we've noticed that. Not sure what (if anything) can be done about it, though.

Grimby can probably give you a little more detail on that, since he knows the tech stuff involved.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't have that problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.