main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it time for a Prequel Trilogy Forum yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Lear, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lear

Darth_Lear Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    This is the first time I've posted on this particular JC Council forum so I'm not sure if this has been brought up here before. Nor am I sure about whether or not this is the best place to bring this up.

Anyway, to business. Do you (mods in particular) think it's time yet for a forum dedicated to the discussion of general issues relating to the Prequel Trilogy, by analogy with the one relating to the Classic Trilogy? An immediate argument against this is the simple fact that this trilogy is not yet complete, and it's a good argument.

However, both of the prequel movies that have so far been made have certain common elements which can be expected (and are in some cases known) to continue in Ep. III. For example, general stylistic matters relating to the pre-Imperial period, generalities relating to characters and planets in the PT (those which we have seen in Eps. I and II and know will be in Ep. III.)

There are many kinds of discussion that would be best placed in such a forum. For example, suppose you wanted to discuss Coruscant architecture, but don't want to confine the discussion to what has been seen in just one of the PT movies made so far - where would you discuss it? Suppose that you wanted to discuss the entire evolution of one the PT characters, e.g. Amidala. This will also cross the boundaries of the PT movies made so far. Just a thought.

DL

edit/ try it in comms, but likely there will be no prequel forum until well after the release of ep.III. Until then you can always discuss Coruscant architecture here or in the Saga forum. :)

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    This would be better suited for the Comms forum. It'd be more appropriate there. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Dang!! Ken beat me to it! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.