main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it weird that I have...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by JONJEDI, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    ...been to Australia, America twice, Barbados, Cyprus, Spain, France, Switzerland and all of the Canary Islands. Yet I have never even gone to London which is just under 2 hours away on the train.

Infact, I have hardly been anywhere in the UK. My closest city is Birmingham yet I have only really ever really been to Liverpool as my uncle lives there and for the football, but apart from that it's only Wales a few times when I was younger and for the last 3 years to do my Duke of Edinburgh. But when people hear I have never even been to London they sound shocked.

I was just wondering is it strange I have been to all these fancy places abroad but not even my nations capital? :confused: Should I make a long journey seeing all the sights around the UK? :p

2. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    forget London ( unless staying for a weekend). best place to have a holiday in the UK is cornwall

3. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Not that weird I suppose, as the reason you go abroad is for holidays, but you've probably never had reason to go to places in this Country except from the ones you mentioned.

I consider my situation to be weird as I have never ever been abroad! Been to London once (millennium dome), and the farthest i've ever gone from the Isle of Wight is the Lake District.

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I wouldn't way it's weird but then I'm in a similar boat (although I have been to London)

I've been to:

Germany 3 times
    France
    Crete
    Spain 3 times
    Portugal 2 times
    Greece
    Turkey
    Egypt
    Israel
    Bermuda
    America 4 times
    Hong kong
    India
    Switzerland

But I have visited our "beloved" capital a few times, I grew up in the Lake District, I've been to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oban, Isle of Mull (Scotland), Dublin and Galway (Ireland) Various places in Wales, Isle of Man, Isle of Whyte, Cornwall and loads more places in the UK.

Don't forget though our Island is quite small and you can pretty much go from one end of the country to another in a day so don't forget places in the UK. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen was on the road to Fort Williams in Scotland.

5. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    ive never left my computer room :cool:

but really ive been too..

america 2
    canada
    poland 2
    czech republic
    estonia
    russia
    spain
    italy
    france 5
    switzerland 4
    turkey
    belgium
    germany

oh and ive been to london 6ish times. going tomorrow too!

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    In terms of going abroad I've been to:

Germany
    France
    USA
    Bahamas
    Portugal
    Tenerife
    Spain

Within the UK, I've been to London now and again, been to Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea, Portsmouth and so on.

So sort of well travelled.

Still on my list:
    Australia, Italy, USA (florida next time), Greece, New Zealand and most of all Canada.

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i am 17. i have been to london errr about 3-4 maybe 5 times.

i have also been to:-
    America - detroit and miniapollis
    florida - orlando
    scotland
    wales
    france
    luxemburg
    belgium
    germany
    switzerland
    iceland
    cyprus
    ireland

8. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    ireland? where's that? I know of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.