main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is it worth catching up with The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolUsernameHere, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    I saw the The Clone Wars movie that kicked off the series. I really didn't like it, but I've heard the show has gotten better.
    Obviously this is a Star Wars forum and I'll probably be encouraged to do so, but would it really be worth it to try and catch up with The Clone Wars in time for the next season? They're only half-hour episodes, right? Sixty-six episodes wouldn't be so bad, I don't think. I'm just worried about the quality of the show. Has it really changed that much since the beginning?

No offence, but as you point out in your own post, these kinds of threads are useless. We are a Star Wars TV message board. People post here every day. Most of us even like some of the episodes.

If you actually look on the first page of the forum, there are "Grade the Episode" threads. These threads can give you a pretty good indication of some key episodes to try if you're not sure.

And yes, the show is far superior to the film.

G_M

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It has, and it's worth catching up. As in every series, not every single episode is good, but overall is a great show and worth watching.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I know the movie puts people off but don't knock it until you try it. Just skip to the episode 'Landing at Point Rain' and the 3 parts that follow that and see what this show is all about. If you don't have time for four test episodes try 'Rookies' to see how you'll like it. This show really is worth catching up with from the beginning.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person. If the former, go for it, knock yourself out. If the latter, then either stay away or pick the episodes you watch carefully.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You'll see a lot of opinions, but basically what you will notice is their animation improved since that film. Not all of the aired episodes are good, though. As an example, most of the last season had a lot of dud episodes. Ie. glorious adventures with Padme and the senate.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    7 episodes out of 22. Not enough to ditch the whole season though. And depending on his/her tastes, he might actually like those episodes.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    7 out of 22 is your own opinion. ;)

And if this guy is going to contribute to LACWAC, he might as well get used to seeing all these arguments since not all agree with each other.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I believe the moral of the story is the show lacks consistency.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    My opinion is yes, the series has improved both in animation and tone since the TCW movie. Some really shining examples of what the show can do are the episodes Rookies, Innocents of Ryloth, Landing at Point Rain and Voyage of Temptation. I will admit, however, that recently the show has been a bit of a letdown. Most of Season 3 was disappointing for me, either because of Padme or bad writing.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. Several users thought Season 3 was very good overall. My advice would be to watch late Season 1 and early Season 2 since most users seem to agree that those episodes are generally good. :)

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. Those are all of Padmé episodes.

Yes. The best option is for him to see and judge by himself.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, your opinion can say you don't like those episodes, but my own opinion on that "7 out of 22" is not close to being around yours. It's not just the Padme episodes that caused season three to be mostly garbage for me.

But we'll just let the original poster decide for him or herself.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know. But since you mentioned Padmé adventures, I named how many episode she was in.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As someone who came into the series late, I say yes, go for it. I don't have Cartoon Network, I didn't see the film in the theater, so I came into TCW during season 2. I bought season 1 on DVD and watched all of them, and I love it. I had to buy season 2 in order to catch up on all the episodes (some I'll watch on the website), and I still haven't seen all of season 3.

So...my vote is yes. Of course there will be some episodes that you like and some you don't. But it's worth catching up. And the series is better than the movie IMO.

14. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It's worth catching up on. Just remember that it has a different tone. It's more light-hearted but it gets dark later on. I suggest watching them on the internet. Also, don't skip Season 3. It has some of the worst episodes, but also some of the best episodes.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Alexrd, ah okay.

True

16. Bens_Dad

Bens_Dad Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2010
    I believe The Clone Wars series has proven beyond all shadow of a doubt that there is indeed life beyond the films. And it wouldn't be about to start a fourth season were this not the case.

Star Wars fans are a wilful lot, though, and I would never dare to presume what one fan might enjoy so I really wouldn't know, CoolUsernameHere, whether you'd like the series or not.

I do know this, though, I came home from work tonight and my son was watching The Clone Wars movie and it still looks fantastic now, even though the animation has improved since. He was watching the assault on Teth sequence. Pure, unprecedented, kinetic visual and aural joy.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If you're feeling selective, wait until you see the results of the various episode polls. LACWAC has a fairly diverse set of denizens. Some of us are more optimistic while others are less so, but I don't think anyone here hates every single one of the 66 TCW episodes.

Personally, I'd say that between 60% and 80% of TCW episodes are worth watching. The rest are either forgettable or genuinely bad.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There is always the mysterious troll lurker who always votes 1. ;)

19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

Haters gonna hate. I just hope he/she has something worthwhile to actually like in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.