main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Jango Fett truly dead?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord_Tok, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Tok

Lord_Tok Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Hello fellow SW fanatics! This is my first time in the jedi council forum, thus it's my first posted topic. Is Jango truly dead? I believe there are mutiple explanations for his untimely death on Genosis. I have a bad feeling that GL likes to kill the characters we find fascinating to insure their immortality within the SW mythology. Sometimes the answer is simpler than that, plot. Out of all the individuals in the galaxy, who else is cloned a million times! Not many can go against a jedi master and survive. Perhaps Jango is our Elvis in a galaxy far far away.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Somehow I don't think he can survive without his head. However, if you mean he is not truly dead because of all the clones of him running around, then I can agree.

3. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Decapitation does have a tendency to kill people.

4. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    As Coroner, I must aver
    I thoroughly examined him.
    And he's not only merely dead,
    He's really, most sincerely dead.

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    See, the reason people argue over Boba's death is that we didn't actually see him die.

Now, this is just me, but I disTINCTLY remember his head jumpin off his body after they had a discussion with Mace's lightsaber. And, this is just me again, I didn't see them get back together. In fact, I saw Boba holding his father's head after the battle was over.

That's just me.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    But he lives on through Jangotat and the other million clones running around.... from a certain point of view.

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Jango is alive in his clones, including Boba. I believe there is even a story in the EU of how an ARC Clonetrooper began to see Jango's memories and decided to take up the role of a bounty hunter.

Sure, Boba may be able to live by getting out of a giant monster's belly. Maul may be able to survive with only his upper half, and possibling building a mechanical lower half. Strilo edit: Spoilers are not allowed in here. But really, Jango's head flew off his body. Jango surviving is a bit far fetched.

8. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    If you think abiut it "From a certain point of view" Boba Fett is Jango. He looks the same ages the same has the same armor and ship hes a bounty hunter, he has free will unlike the clones

9. Lord_Tok

Lord_Tok Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I'm glad there are more than myself interested in this topic. I would like to throw this idea around: the Jango we saw die wasn't really Jango, but a copy (clone) trained with his knowledge in his unique skills. This kind of procedure in not out of the reach of the Kiminoans. After all as a bounty hunter, Jango being the best, he would prove quite resourceful. It wouldn't be wise to not have an emergency plan b. After all the emperor did it in the EU.

10. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Is Jango Fett truly dead?
    He better be, I can barely handle the fact that EU brought Boba back, lol.

11. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Jango Fett truly dead?

Usually when a human loses his head, they die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.