main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Jango retired in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by KolKotha, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KolKotha

KolKotha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    I think he has given up the old bounty hunting game at the time this movie starts.
    I mean, he's getting handsomely paid by the Kaminoans so he wouldn't need to hunt bounties anymore plus he has his son to bring up so he wouldn't want to put his life in danger like the old days.
    He even sub-contracts the Padme assasination job out to Zam, reluctant to get involved himself.....or was Zam SUPPOSED to die to lure the jedi? Yeah, I think she was. Scrap that.
    Still, if is retired in this movie it makes his death all the more poignant.

2. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    the mere fact that he was still involved with Dooku, Zam, etc. makes me lean toward thinking that he wasnt "retired" yet

3. KolKotha

Oct 2, 2001
    Not exactly bounty hunting though is it?
    I think that's just exceptional work to tie up loose ends for Tyranus.

4. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, he hires Zam because she's set up to fail.

The whole point is that the Jedi need to investigate & trace the clones back to Kamino. The way chosen to do that is a toxic dart from Kamino in Zam's neck......

I bet if Jango lived, he'd take out Padme at a later date.

As for Jango actively working as a bounty hunter, why?

He's making big bucks as the template & in Count Dooku's personal employ, so why bother?
    Plus, his pressence on Kamino appears to be required to make the clones (on a long term basis).

5. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    i dunno.. its clear that Jango has been hired by Dooku and is still working for him.. what else would he be doing but using his skills as a bounty hunter? Also, both Zam and Taun We refer to him as a bounty hunter.. not "a retired bounty hunter named Jango Fett"

6. KolKotha

Oct 2, 2001
    Exactly. So technically he's a retired bounty hunter in this movie. In fact he would probably be a joke in the bounty hunter world, I bet they all consider him a sell-out.

7. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    Is Jango retired in AOTC?

WOAH! Hold it! The dude's only about 46! He's not retired. If he was retired, he would not be still working for the CIS and still hunting bounties. Think about it.

Mortimer_Nerdly! :cool:

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Exactly. So technically he's a retired bounty hunter in this movie. In fact he would probably be a joke in the bounty hunter world, I bet they all consider him a sell-out.

No, he isn't retired. And why would he be considered a "sell-out"? ALL bounty hunters work for money.

9. KolKotha

Oct 2, 2001
    Because he is'nt hunting bounties anymore. He's making his money by being the template for the clone army. He was doing a job for Tyranus that involved framing Zam and setting a lure for the jedi. That's not bounty hunting. I wonder why he was even doing that much, it couldn't have been for the money. Perhaps he felt he owed Dooku the favour for putting him in the position of having Boba created.
    Does anybody follow what I'm getting at?

10. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Although its unofficial, Jango is pretty much retired in AOTC.
    He's getting paid handsomely by the Dooku for the clone army and he finally gets to raise a son of his own. The hit on Padme was most likely a contractual obligation to Dooku, and Jango found ways around it (hiring Zam). Eventually though, Jango had to run to Geonosis to evade capture, there he actively took Dooku's side and ultimately died being overzealous in the arena.

So yeah, you can say he 'sold out' or whatever. But the man's had a tough life, read the Open Seasons comics to learn about it. He deserved his rest and relaxation and his chance to have family.

11. KolKotha

Oct 2, 2001
    I agree. Good summary. It all adds a dimension of poignancy to his death that people mightn't be aware of. It wasn't just a kick-ass bounty hunter who dies in the arena, it was one who had fought hard to get where he was, made his money, found new purpose with his kid was possibly giving up the rough trade so as not to leave his son without a father. In the end he really was 'just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.'

I guess I'm feeling this mushy cos I recently completed the Jango video game and I think I got too emotionally involved with the character!

12. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Exactly. I played bounty hunter, too, and it added even more weight to Jango's character. Once you know more about him, you begin to realize he was just "a simple man trying to make his way in the universe".

13. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    In fact he would probably be a joke in the bounty hunter world, I bet they all consider him a sell-out.

Because he is'nt hunting bounties anymore. He's making his money by being the template for the clone army. He was doing a job for Tyranus that involved framing Zam and setting a lure for the jedi. That's not bounty hunting

I somehow doubt that the things Jango is doing in AOTC are common knowlege in bounty hunting circles.

Can you see it?

Zam is sitting around having a couple blue shots with Greedo at her favorite night club on Coruscant.....

"Hey, Zam, where's Jango Fett been lately? I haven't seen him around for a star date and a half."

"He sold out, Greedo. He's got this cushy job as a template for the mysterious, unknown clone army that is being made for the Republic. He's gotten so soft, he even hired ME to kill Senator Amidala for him - Lazy bum."

"What a %^*#ing sell out."

14. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I don't think he's retired. He's lying low but he's greedy.

15. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    When Jango lost his head LITERALLY courtesy of Mace Windu, he was offically retired.

16. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    And for that, I spit on Windu. :mad:

17. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    lmao

3 cheers for Mace making Jango look like an extra

hip hip horray

18. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    If he was retired he did pretty good against Obi Wan :D

The reason Mace beat him was because He just got trompled by the Reek and his his fight with Obi. Mace ran from him on the balcony.

Also: Mace cannot beat Dooku, Nanny Nanny Nanny Boo Boo stick your head in Doo Doo

:p :p :p :p :p

19. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm sorry, THE_DOODE, what did you say? I can't hear you very well on account of Metallica. Did you say 3 cheers for Boba Fett and Darth Tyranus when they make Mace look like an extra? I thought so. ;)

Mr_Sith:

Mace cannot beat Dooku, Nanny Nanny Nanny Boo Boo stick your head in Doo Doo

• I heard you loud and clear. You are the smartest man alive. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.