main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Labyrinth of Evil Still Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Cyn, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    I just realized, while rewatching Revenge of the Sith, they referenced the events in Labyrinth of Evil (Cato-Neimoidia line) so that would, theoretically, make the book canon, right? And if that book is canon, then perhaps, all the eu that takes place prior to Return of the Jedi (everything that manages not to contradict the Sequel Trilogy) is also canon, so, I STILL HAVE MY STAR WARS EU!! THANK YOU, REVENGE OF THE SITH THROWAWAY REFERENCE LINE, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
  4. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I believe the official stance is that events happened on Cato-Neimoidia, but not necessarily as depicted in the book

Lady_Misty and Iron_lord like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh good, their entire canon policy is overturned by two words in a movie. I bet they feel embarrassed now.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  6. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Sounds legit.

7. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    I KNOW, HAHAHA, THEY MAY HAVE SILENCED THE AUTHORS, BUT THEY CAN NEVER SILENCE OBSESSIVE FANS!

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Rew likes this.
  9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm just glad the Death Star plans mentioned in the movie canonizes Kyle Katarn and the Han Solo trilogy and Battlefront 2 and what else?

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Half-Life 3.

cdgodin, CooperTFN and Rogue Five like this.
  11. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    The hole of rabbits goes even deeperer, being as The Clone Wars canonized the Mandalorian War, Knights of the Old Republic is ALSO CANON!

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    The movies also introduce such characters as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia--who are also in The New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi SO IT'S ALL STILL CANON!

13. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    OH MI GUUUD, if the force is mentioned in star wars, and star wars is referenced in other media, than that means, THAT'S CANON, and if Star Wars is mentioned in the real world, that means, THE REAL WORLD IS REAL!!! And if I just referenced the real world, that means the real world is actually fictional, which means reality is merely a complex illusion, none of us are real AND THERE IS ONLY OBLIVION!!!
    *trancendense*

14. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    It's sad that my thread was supposed to be serious...

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In an ironic twist, Labyrinth of Evil is now the only thing that's not canon.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Anyway, I'm bored now. The answer is no, it's not still canon. See post #4 for why.

Thread locked.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.