main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Is Leia a princess in Empire/Jedi?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    She was planetary nobility and I guess that as there are still Alderaanians in the galaxy her title would continue to count until they were all dead. Her prospects of rising higher than Princess aren't all that great. I think she'd have to join the Empire and help them take over the galaxy again. Then she could be Empress Leia.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Shouldn't that be princess in mourning?

3. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I do. It seemed to me that Lucas really didn't know what to do with Leia's character in terms of profession. She wasn't needed for strategic and military work. The Rebel Alliance had generals (and very competent ones) for the job. And I have never seen Leia as a political leader in action. Never.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Leia lost her ability to lead politically the moment she was captured by Vader, and all potential for effective political action was lost when the senate was dissolved. So the only use left for her leadership skills was in military action. Considering how badly the Rebels were outnumbered, I wouldn't say anyone was unneeded. She was just doing her best to be useful.