main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Luke turning into another Yoda???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by magneto, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Is it just me or do you guys think Luke is becoming exactly like Yoda everyday??Yoda was very passive but when it came to the crunch he kicked ass.Yoda was very spiritual and in tune with the force so is Luke.
    thoughts anyone?

2. bobabooie

bobabooie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Luke is just looking at the force the way he was taught. I look at martial arts in very much the same way as my teacher does - it just happens that way most of the time.

3. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    You're right a more "active Jedi" would have left different habits in Luke than Yoda.

Thats one of the benefits of the Master/padawan systenm in the Prequel Era. Many Jedi with many different experiences and styles of handling things.

As for Luke. He Came out of his funk in SbS and led the Jedi into battle. Really did my Heart good.

4. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    What amkes people feel that Yoda is a pacifist. I am sure if he had a chance of winning then he would be out there killing palpatine in a flash. He definately is not as stupid as Luke and he would probably be out there wipin Ving. Can someone please give me one example where Yoda is not prpeared to fight.

5. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    'Can someone give me one example where Yoda is not prepared to fight?'

the evil empire is taking over the galaxy and yoda is hiding on a completely unimportant planet called dagobah not doing anything to help...seems he didn't really want to fight then...if ur argument is that yoda couldn't have defeated the emperor, you're saying that he only fights if he's going to win. i think that if he didn't mind fighting whenever he could, he would fight for what he believes in, which leads me to believe that he didn't want to fight...

6. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Yoda had a plan to beat the emperor which needed Luke. The sith took 1000 years to come up with their take overso I tink that Yoda was doing well to only take 20 years to destroy the sith empire.

7. bobabooie

bobabooie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    "What amkes people feel that Yoda is a pacifist" - Wait till Attack of the clones comes out and we see Yoda kicking Dookus ass (and yes, Yoda uses a Lightsaber).

Also Yoda is ONE JEDI, he can't take on the whole Empire by himself.

8. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Luke did...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.