main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA IS Misson Valley 20 the only digital screen in SD?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValueROCKR, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    i checked out the link on the ep II page and it said that there was only one in SD and it was mission valley.... i thought that couldnt be right but wasnt sure.... anyone know for certain?

2. darth_kalel

darth_kalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Mission Valley 20 is the only theatre using a Texas Instruments DLP system but there are other digital projectors. TPM, although not shot digitally, played on TI and CineComm projectors too. This will require more investigation. Other theatres in SD may use other systems.

3. DarthMaul84

DarthMaul84 Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2001
    I checked the Texas Instruments web page and the Mission Valley AMC 20 Theater was listed as the only digital screen in San Diego.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Unfortunately this is true. I checked into this when Shrek was playing in the theatres.

5. darth_kalel

darth_kalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, I've been looking too. I can't find any other digital projectors. the closest other one is the Irvine Spectrum. That's an awesome theatre though. I've been there. Looks like we may have to see it at MV.

6. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Hooray!
    Mission Valley 20 rocks! :)

That's where I saw TPM, so I should see AOTC there too. :p

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    The Mission Valley 20 reminds me too much of a busy airport. Whenever I have gone to see a movie there, the movie I wanted to see was already sold out, and I had to pick another movie. At least Wizards of the Coast is there so I can always have fun browsing around. ;)

8. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    We should all meet there to see AOTC! Great fun. :)

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Unfortunately I can't see it opening night at 12am in San Diego with you all. But I am driving back to San Diego at 3 am (after I get out from AOTC up at the Chinese). I'll sleep for a few hours and then go see it someplace in San Diego on the 16th as well. If anyone is going to a show other than the midnight show on the 16th, can I go with you? :D

10. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I'm planning on seeing it at the premiere as well as on that weekend with other friends, as they are not as much of a hardcore SW fan as me so they won't see it at midnight. You're welcome to come. :) I'll also be seeing it the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that...

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yep, I'll be seeing it on a daily basis too! hehe... I only saw TPM 8 times in the theatre, this time I intend to do much better. The reason I only saw it that many times is that a friend sent me a bootleg copy of it so I just watched it everyday at home after that. (SHHHHHH! Don't tell!) ;)

12. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I saw TPM in the theaters only 18 times.
    I would have seen it more, but I only have so many hours of vacation y'know. [face_plain]

13. xlr8r

xlr8r Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm gonna make a trip up to the Irvine Spectrum. I have a friend coming down from L.A. so it's a good meeting point anyways. Haven't been there before but I've heard it is the best around and of course, it has DLP.

I for one, loathe the MV20 theatres. Like Mara_Jade_Fan said, the MV20 is like an airport and it just drives me nuts.

Has anyone been to the Irvine Spectrum Theatre? Thoughts?

14. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    NO!! Dont go to Irvine or LA. They are setting up as we speak 4 to 6 new digital projectors here in San Diego just in time for Ep2. And it's not AMC(i hate them). I will have more officil info as it will become available.

P.S. Mara_Jade, this is John in San Diego.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.