main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is MR ever going to make a FX Darth Sidious Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Fox4, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    If they are, my money's reserved for that baby[face_praying]

2. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    My friend asked me that same question the other day, and I doubt it at least at this time, I dont think they would be able to fit the el electronics into one, but i dont know for sure, there has been sidious sabers on ebay a while back that were el....I know that when I finish my sidious saber I'm puttin el into it.

3. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    well... the darth maul and obi-wan ep. 3 ones are coming out next year... but i didn't see any sidious'

4. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    the size alone makes it an engineering feat, if they do though, it would be the best sith saber ever made yet

5. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I did not know that it was already decided to make the Obi-Wan. Cool news thanks. Next year i will have completed my Obi-Wan costume.

I bet them will make a FX Sidious in the future!

6. Darth_Takeo

Darth_Takeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    My friend is building me an EL Sidious Saber...

7. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Sids saber is cool but your right, but i do hope they decide to make one[face_praying]

8. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    I'm suprised they only have 3.

I was hoping they would have Luke's, Obi-Wan's...Yoda's and Sidious Saber.

9. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Actually, I read on jedinet that due to the high demand of Luke's saber from ROTJ, they're re-releasing his green FX model by '06. With the Maul version, it'll be sold as a single-bladed saber with an optional adapter if you want to attach a second blade to it (making it a total of about 8ft). This is also due out in '06.

10. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    My question is you do not know what his lightsaber looks like [face_thinking]

I mean we have the books and everything but as you know in the movie when he draws it out of his rope on ROTS it is just big enough to hold with one hand yet when you go to the next scene he is of course holding it with two hands so what is the actual proper scale of it.

11. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    thats because in the original mace/palps duel he loses his saber or somthin and force grabs anakins, so if you look closely in some scenes hes hold anakins. thats what your looking at.

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I am on about the scene when he says "are you threating me jedi" when he is sitting down cause his saber pops out of his sleeve of his rope which as you can see is just big enough to hold with one hand then he launches out of his seat and as he is taking out the two other jedi he is seen holding his saber with two hands.
    Watch it again and you will see :p

13. Darth_Takeo

Sep 29, 2004
    I heard about this but never noticed....

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well the way I am when I watch star wars films now I watch the films and pick out things that do not add up or look at costumes you cannot help yourself.

15. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Even so, the saber is 7.5 inches, that is just enough to put two hands the saber.

16. Darth_Takeo

Sep 29, 2004
    The one my friend is making is a bit larger, but the design is very accurate. I'll post pics when it is finished.

17. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Hmmm, how is your friend doing his as when I complete mine I plan to make it an el....

18. Darth_Takeo

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm not good with technical details, but it is EL also, detachable blade, that's all I know thus far. It is near completion though.

19. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I'd really like to see someone actually make an EL saber from this design. I have trouble thinking how there is actually enough room inside for all the electronics and blade holder in a 7.5" saber.

I don't really see how it is possible without scaling it up a bit.

20. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    This may be a stupid question but I have no idea what I'm talking about with el electronics, is there any way to scale down the el electronics....maybe.[face_praying]

21. degamad

degamad Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    I recieved my darth sidious el saber today,

Jedi-Loreen stated the size is 7.5"

mine measures 9" from top of emiter, to the bottom of the hook or horn thing at the bottom, if thats how there measured its alittle bigger than the 7.5 then.

I'll post some pics soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.