main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is MSN dissapearing soon?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sebulba_Sloan, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    Is it true? Is Microsoft shutting down the server as an example to other companies to stop the inevitable World domination of the armies of paedophiles?

And why has Bill Gates suddenly taken the moral high-tone?

2. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    It's just the community type chat-rooms they're closing not actually MSN messenger itself... so I understand it anyway :)

3. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Well, chat rooms are being shut down within the next 3 weeks. Thus, I?d guess that eventually we?d see the demise of MSN messenger, and even possibly AIM.

As for Bill gates, he?s been receiving a lot of slack from people and the media for being far too dominant in several markets. Thus, in an attempt to keep people off his back, he?s trying to do something that a lot of people want doing.

4. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    I was gonna say... especially since they started charging for upgraded hotmail accounts I would have thought it would have been a severe financial blow to a company that already owns half the world.

5. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    I think that they are keeping some of the chat rooms open, but you'll have to pay to use them in the future.

6. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Ah, so they're stopping perverts by making them pay so only people who really want to be there will be... and all the kids won't have the money to access them, only the adults - how ironic. There's no morality here, only profit.

7. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    so un-fortunate the whole world is based off of money. :(

8. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah... society no longer serves the people who inhabit it, but it is the people who serve the very system they created.

9. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    sometimes not even them. Its all about yourself these days. "Who cares if that person goes into poverty, i got a sexy new car to add to my collection" :(

10. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Agreed. Society should be the unison of people in a equal state... not a tool of socio-economic surpression.

11. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    Money=fame
    fame=acceptance
    acceptace=happyness

thats how they want it to work, but most of the time they are huge jerks that dont care about anyone. Its a sad state this world is in. You cant trust anyone, witch is realy unfortunate. I never lived to see the days where everyone trusted everyine else, the world my parants lived in. I was 40 years to late

12. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    I think that part of the idea of charging for chat rooms is that users will no longer be anonymous, as MSN will now hold their credit card details.

Of course a happy by-product of this for Bill, will be Microsoft making another rather healthy wedge of cash.

13. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    ^ Clever guy buy the sounds of it. Maybe thats why hes the richest man in the world.

14. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    The Daddy's got a point *shrug*

15. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    got to give him credit for been cleaver. It's all about the minuplulation of the public to make the most money possible. Then you also have to remember that popularity is a curse, the more you get the more people will also hate you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.