Is one day enough?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by miketarkin, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketarkin Jedi Knight

If I end up going to C6 it will be as part of a larger Disney World vacation. Will I be satisfied if I can only go to C6 on the Saturday?
  2. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Knight

star 2
    Going one day is better than not going at all.
    Doing the whole DISNEY thing and being so close to CVI is a no brainer for me.
    I'd find a way to squeeze it in since it's so close to DISNEY.
    Just my "two-pennies" worth.
  3. kevinliell Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No, because you'll miss the CVI Star Wars Trivia World Championships, and that would be bad.
  4. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Manager
    star 7
    One day is better than no day, but it makes it even more important to plan ahead so you know what you want to do. Saturday will probably have the biggest event, but you should also count on the biggest crowds and longest lines.
  5. Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Personally, one day wasn't enough for me. Heck even two days wasn't enough for me. Especially because of the fact that I spent a lot of my time in lines for panels so I missed out on a lot of stuff that was going on. So yeah, I'd go for at least two days. But this time I'ma do my best to make it all four days. But like everyone else has said, if one day is all you can make, then it's better to go then not go at all. Just plan ahead.
  6. dante144 Jedi Master

star 1
  7. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I went to CIV for 2 days and I WILL NEVER GO TO A CELEBRATION for no less then the hole thing AGAIN.
    U will regreat not going for more then one. My 2 cents.
  8. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree with everyone who posted.
    But if your schedule limits you to one day, and you may never see a Celebration again, I definitely go for the one day.
    I'd get up early, take my time, and make the most of what you have.
    Again, time is a factor here.

Last year at CV, I went to Disney's Animal Kingdom, spent the entire day there and had a ball!
  9. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Eh, I guess it really depends what panels you want to see. Honestly, you probably could go 1 day.
  10. miketarkin Jedi Knight

I should probably dig up a schedule of events for last year to have an idea of what goes on. There's a chance I'll do two days now. Not so big on the panels, but I really want to watch a Force Cast.
  11. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Personally, I don't think one day is enough... there's way too much to see and do. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do in 4 days, much less one. But, as others have said, it would depend on what panels you want to see and what other things you want to do while you are there. Disney is awesome and I love it but it's always there; this might be the only chance to meet people you've made friends with on here.
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I went all 3 days at Celebration Europe. Day 1 - Friday - was the least crowded day so it was fairly easy to move around the vendors' stalls.

Day 2 - Saturday - was incredibly crowded. I got to see some things I wanted to see but I was exhausted and in a real bad mood by the time I left.

Day 3 - Sunday - was crowded and the air conditioning had broken in the Excel Center. (I think it was the Sunday that it broke. I know it was alright on the Friday). Anyway, it was real hot & stuffy and we ended going to a nearby pub for awhile. When we got back the dealers were starting to pack up and a lot of stuff was marked down, so I got some good collecting deals.
  13. miketarkin Jedi Knight

Well, Celebration is the means to get to Orlando but the financial investment is in Disney World :)
    I'm leaning more towards 2 days. I'm having a hard time finding extensive info on last year's festivities (esp. autograph costs).
    I may bring the family to one of the days and go (Han) solo the second day.
  14. Mr_Mundi Jedi Master

star 4
    From what I can find, Mark Hamill was $125, Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels was $50, Ray Park was $35 and the rest was $20.
    Not 100% sure on Mark though.
  15. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, Mark was $125 at CV.
  16. miketarkin Jedi Knight

ouch
  17. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Yeah really ouch. The only 2 SW autographs I've paid for were Tem Morrison's and Jeremy Bulloch and neither were anywhere near that price. Of course neither was at a Celebration either.
  18. miketarkin Jedi Knight

Would love to see a list of guests/prices. I emailed Mary Franklin at Lucasfilm and she directed me to the C6 site. No dice. I've only been to a few Cons (next up, Fan Expo in Toronto in 2 weeks). While I enjoy meeting Star Wars personalities, I've spent $80 on 3 actors (LaParmentier, Bulloch, Forrest). Going into C6, it's important to know who's gonna be there and what they are charging because if it's cost prohibitive, that will change things. I'll still go, but, hey, with a family of four, I have to budget!
  19. Mr_Mundi Jedi Master

star 4
    There is still a long time to go. The list will be up on the site as names becomes known.
    I am sure the list will also be on Official Pix's website as it was last time.

From my notes from CV, I can see, that Gary Kurtz was $30, but apart from him and the ones mentioned before, then the rest was $20.
    Last time there was 45 people signing during the convention, though some only signed for a few hours.
  20. miketarkin Jedi Knight

Yeah, good point Mr Mundi. There IS a long time to go. Best to start saving now. If alot of last year's guests were $20 then I could see putting aside $60-$100 for signatures/photos.
  21. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Most of the guests were in the $10-20 range. Hammil, Fisher, Kurtz, Daniels, and Park were more. Personally, I avoid the autographs I can buy from OPX for less and go for the ones which I am not likely to get in the future. It was rumored that CV would be Caroline Blakeston's last con, no offical word as to that, but I got her autograph in case the rumor proved to be true. Also, Ben Burtt was signing at CV and he doesn't do a lot of cons due to the fact that he still works, so I got his signature and had a wonderful chat with him. You never know until you're actually there who will or won't be there. Even then, there is always the chance that the guest you want to sign something may be away at a panel or just taking a break and so you may need to linger about for a while until they return, so budget your time wisely. If you're gonna be there a day, then get in early and do what you want to do early so you can get to the nice surprises later on in the day.

Personally, go all days, you'll inevitably see stuff there which don't sound interesting at first but actually ARE interesting once you get involved. That's one of the nice perks about Celebration, never know what might happen so it's best to be there for all of it.
  22. Bowen Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    To me it seems like there is never enough time. For whatever reason last time around, I was just tired the entire vacation. I'm not sure if that was because of the West Coast to East Coast thing, or the bad first night's sleep (a friend of a friend's couch, which is hilarious, I don't usually slum it like that but was told they had an extra bedroom, then they didn't, so we moved to a hotel), but fitting in everything was tough. I've been to all 5 Celebrations, though, so I can usually skip out on a number of things I've already seen or heard before. I like it this way because I can really narrow in on what I personally care about, which is whatever is new. I don't care about hearing old stories about the OT, honestly, kind of been there, done that. Each of the first three Celebrations, the focus was largely on the upcoming prequel, and that is where my focus was also, but of course paid attention to the OT stuff as well.

By this point, like with CV, I just mainly focused on Clone Wars panels because that was new to me and that is all stuff I hadn't heard or didn't know, so the more I went to those the more I appreciated the Clone Wars series. I already really enjoyed it, but that made it even more real for me, especially meeting Filoni and getting the signed print, etc.
  23. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't think one day is enough. Getting the Celebration experience is just as important as attending panels. Any schedule you plan for yourself in advance will probably only encompass half the things you'll end up wanting to do.

Besides, Disney World will always be there, but Celebration is a time-constrained event. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.