main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Padme Force sensitive

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by plokoonkenobi77, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey,
    Is Padme force sensitive and if so could she and did she become one with the force. I would imagine that she would have learned a thing or to learned from ankin if she was so mabey she could transform into the force. i mean who else other than a force sensitive person be able to die just by loosing the will to live

thanks in advanced
    plokoonkenobi77

2. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    No, She isn't.

Being Force-sensitive on the level of a Jedi is something that comes from birth [that is clearly stated in TPM and in AotCs].

So, this entire theory is null and void.

hope that helps. :)

===

i mean who else other than a force sensitive person be able to die just by loosing the will to live

how about a person that was given some seriously bad lines in a movie? As argued before, many didn't like the silly "lost the will to live" excuse that was given....

3. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I believe a quote cut from AOTC was, "Padmé, your tragedy on the landing platform, terrible. With you the force is strong... young Senator.
    Seeing you alive brings warm feeling to my heart."
    So perhaps.

4. Froggy22651

Froggy22651 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2005
    I don't think Padme is "Force sensitive." Her midiclorian count is probably normal, and she can't use the Force to do crazy Jedi things like moving objects with her mind. However, I do believe that she somehow gained a special connection to Anakin through the Force. Like their individual life-forces combined in a way. Which would explain how she could "die of a broken heart." When Anakin died metaphorically, she died literally.

5. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I believe that she has a higher midichlorian count than most average people, just not enough to become a Jedi. The ROTS novel states that while she is pregnant with the twins she has the highest midichlorian count in the galaxy, which added stress and tiredness. There was a point in the novel where she fainted because of it.

6. Deimos_Skywalker

Deimos_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Only fainted? I'd have used the force to kill off the Luke embryo, little wet behind the ears **** that he is

7. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    ROTS seems to suggest that Padme had at least a psychic/symbiotic connection with Anakin, in particular the Padme's Ruminations scene.

8. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    No, she's not Force-sensitive. I have no idea where this notion came from, nor why it's being entertained. [face_plain]

9. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Look at the Padme's Ruminations scene again. The scene seems to strongly suggest that Padme is somehow in tune with Anakin's emotion turmoil, despite the distance between them.

10. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    No, it doesn't. They just happen to be looking out their respective windows at the same time, and there's no indication if they're thinking the same thing, or of what they're thinking about.

11. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I do believe that Padmé is sensing the turmoil inside of Anakin in the ruminations scene. That's one of my favourite scenes in ROTS, because of that. She doesn't know exactly what he's thinking, only that he's very upset and she can sense that, not because she's force sensitive, but because of the strong connection between her and Anakin.

12. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    No, it doesn't. They just happen to be looking out their respective windows at the same time, and there's no indication if they're thinking the same thing, or of what they're thinking about.

I have to disagree, my young apprentice. Padme begins to look distraut as Anakin begins to cry. At this point, she doesn't have enough reason to suspect Anakin's pending turn to be overcome with sudden concern, so the notion she "felt" something is a valid theory.

13. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    I don't think she is.

14. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Quite possibly. Although she is not on the level of "Force Sensitivity" as Anakin, Obi-wan, or Yoda she can feel the Force on some level. She may not be able to move objects with her mind, but she can help change peoples decisions. I'm not saying thats because of the Force but it might have to do with it. She can feel things that a normal person can't, and to me thats using the Force.

15. Darth_Vercundus

Darth_Vercundus Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Well, I think she's more sensitive than normal people, but way less then jedi, so she could never be one... There's definitly connection with Anakin, that's for sure... Although, she couldn't know for sure if he killed younglings, for example...

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think she is force sensitive enough to pick up on some of Anakin's feelings, but not enough to train as a Jedi.

17. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Padme's Ruminations scene...

So Padme is just sitting in her living room looking down thinking.. who knows what? Maybe about the Delegation of 2000 or whatever she was working on, and then she suddenly looks up and it cuts to Anakin as he sits down and begins to think about whatever he is thinking about. Cut back to Padme, she looks over her shoulder at the Jedi Temple and gets up to go to the window. There seems to be urgency and concern on her face. Cut back to Anakin, now he gets up and goes over to the window. He stares intensely at her direction. Back to Padme, she kind of jerks her head a little bit.. this is what makes me think she can feel him in some way or another, she felt his peircing gaze. Just as he felt her looking at him (causing him to get up).

Cut back to Anakin, it looks like he's about to cry. Cut to Padme, she looks sad and bows her head. Back to Anakin, he turns away. Back to Padme, she then turns away and 3PO greets her.

I don't think it was just random that both Padme and Anakin got up at the same time to look at each other. I think they felt each other. I think Padme is slightly force-sensitive.

I believe she was slightly force sensitive before she got pregnant but once she was pregnant I believe she had more powers than she thought. Two HIGHLY force sensitive children inside you, it's gotta rub off on you somehow.

18. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    If that were true, why don't we see this anywhere else? They've been in each other's orbit for various periods across 10+ years. And seeing this one sequence we're suppose to say she's Force-sensitive?

No, Master, I'm still not buying it.

19. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Dude, no one is saying that she is force sensative. They are saying that because of her deep love for Anakin she is able to sense his turmoil. I am able to sense when something is wrong with someone, even when they are not in the same room or building for that matter. If there is something wrong with someone I care about, I know about it. I don't know how to explain it, but it just happens. Does that mean I am force sensative?

20. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    I know the difference. By itself, it's (somewhat) believable that A&P tune into to each other's emotions, but when you add the Force angle, that's when it gets crazy for me. People seem to attribute Force sensitivity to anything that is mildly out of the ordinary.

21. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    In a way isn't that what force-sensitivity is? Anything out of the ordinary? It doesn't mean that someone with a little force-sensitivity is going to be a Jedi or can do a mind trick or make things float across the room. It just means they're in tune with something. Isn't that what the force is? They say the force is in all living creatures.. so isn't it safe to say that EVERYONE is force-sensitive, atleast a TINY little bit whether they know it or don't?

Just my opinion, you can either agree or disagree, but you cannot prove or disprove.

22. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    But stuff like keying into your mate's emotions or mothers always seeming to know what their kids are up to or female intuition isn't out of the ordinary enough. It's an issue of degrees.

23. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    If that were true, why don't we see this anywhere else?

Maybe because she's pregnant, and the fact that she's carrying two Force sensitive babies might be what's causing this?

24. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Isn't the fear always that the mother might give something to the baby, and not the other way around?

25. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Well, if a seven month pregnant woman is carrying two children that combined have an equal if not higher midichlorian count than her husband, who has a higher count than any, don't you think that it would give her something? If a mother can send things (thoughts, emotions, pain, feelings, senses) through to a child, why is the other way around so hard to believe? Again, I am not saying that it makes her Force-Sensative, I am just saying that it makes her senses a little more tuned into the things that are happening all around her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.