main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is Padme Force sensitive?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    In the novel of EP II Yoda said "With you, the Force is strong, young Senator", also Palpatine could sense her death through the Force very far away. Or she temporarily became sensitive through the intercourse with Anakin?

2. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    movie hints suggest she is:

I prefer to think she isn't like Han and Lando,

otherwise it would seem like only force sensitives are of only real value

while others in the galaxy are just "pathetic lifeforms"

3. Scryer

Scryer Jedi Padawan

Dec 26, 2012
    I imagine that people that are mentally and emotionally strong can be sensed within the Force by Force users. The Force connects all life forms so if there is a ripple (like Padme's death) I am sure that it can be felt by the more powerful Jedi/Sith

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Some people believe when she was pregnant her and Leia devolved some force sensitive connection thus how Leia remembered her mother in ROTJ.

5. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Look at Obi-wan, he felt all the beings on Alderaan during it's destruction and I don't think they were all force sensitive.

6. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think she was. Otherwise, she'd have been able to sense that Anakin was closer to the Dark side because she was the only one who had more pieces of the puzzle than the other Jedi. If she had Force sensitivity, then she'd have been able to realize Palpatine's plot.

I do think that since the Force is in all living beings and since I believe the categorizations of Force sensitive and non-Force sensitive rely on a range for the number of midichlorians present in their blood that perhaps Padme had more than the usual non-Force sensitive but not enough to have more than enhanced empathy.

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Yoda's comment was a common 'Good Luck' in the Star Wars Universe, much like 'May the Force Be With You'. Also, Palpatine was a very, very power force-sensitive who was explicitly seeking any sign of Padme's death, because such a thing furthers his plans.

Padme is not force-sensitive, at least not more than any other human. A planet such as Naboo is very high up in the Republic, and thus she would have been found and recruited into the Jedi Order.

kainee likes this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's billions of people and surely quite a few force sensitives, Padme is one person.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    "Good Luck" is "May the Force be with you".

Palpatine could not sense Endor's situation quite well in EP VI.

10. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    "Break a Leg" and "Best of Luck" also mean good luck. There can be multiple phrases with the same meaning.

Endor != Padme dying. Sensing what would happen on Endor is much more complicated than listening for a death which had already occured.

Obi-Wan also wasn't explicitly listening for the Alderaan event.

11. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Well, she saw the clone army and Yoda before many Jedi Masters in AOTC.

But seriously, I don't think so. He had a strong mind, but she wasn't force sensitive.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. She had a really good and really quick brain and was fairly intuitive, but not Force-sensitive. Even the bit of Force-sensitivity we saw from Leia in ESB and ROTJ, wasn't present in Padme.

Dandelo and ILNP like this.
  13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    No.

And Dodonna says "May the Force be with us." Substitute the deity-of-your-choice for "the Force" and you get fairly common expressions ("May God be with you," "The gods favor you," etc.).

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Saga Edition pen and paper roleplaying game it's possible to be "Strong in The Force" and not "Force-Sensitive"- in effect, such a person would be slightly luckier than the average hero- without being able to use Force powers.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Force is all living beings so I think, yeah, for those brief moments she was connected to it. I think she's way-connected into the Force with Anakin on that moment in "Sith" where they kinda "stare" at each other from across Courscant. For a moment, she knows what is going to happen, Anakin feels her too, and then it all slips away.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Based on what Ben & Yoda say in the OT, everyone is Force-sensitive. It's just a matter of degrees. Who's to say that Han's excellent piloting reflexes don't come from some bit of Force-sensitivity? Same with Padme and her connection with Anakin. Maybe she can't levitate objects, but that doesn't mean she's unconnected or blind to the Force.

Valairy Scot and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the first TCW episode, Yoda's having a conversation with the clones. He points out that, despite appearances, each of them is very different. And that "The Force resides inside all things. Use it you can, to quieten your mind"

Suggesting that people not specifically established as sensitive, can still make use of the Force, as a calmative measure.

19. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    This. I figure Force sensitivity isn't like a switch - it's a gradual scale. Every living being has some midi-chlorians, and thus some connection to the Force. But only a few are strong enough to actually use the Force the way the Jedi and Sith do. Padme doesn't come up to that standard, but she's maybe a little higher than average.
    And wouldn't you know it - Padme is one of those characters. ;)

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. Can't recall if she's the only one.

21. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    I don't know if I'd call her "Force-Sensitive" but there is a possibility that she had a bit more of the Force then a random creature with midi-chlorians at that time. However, I think most of it was just her personality rather than the Force. Leia exhibited more strength than Padme did. I think the argument of "she felt things" is probably because that other Force-sensitive individual had connected to her or established a Force connection that didn't require her to have the Force.

22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no.

Dandelo likes this.
  23. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I never got the feeling she was force-sensitive.

Dandelo likes this.
  24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    In another thread we just established beyond all doubt that she is! :eek:

25. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    There's probably not enough information to answer the question.

She did seem to have a connection with Anakin, but no one really says explicitly one way or the other. She also wasn't picked to be a Jedi, as far as we know.

I do like the idea of everyone having a connection to the Force though.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.