main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Padme playing Anakin for a fool?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthMaul13, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I agree with Getalife...

What about Jar Jar's comment about her being happier than he's seen in a longo time. Now, if my life had just been threatened, and I had been pushed into being confined and restricted, not to mention ignored when voicing my opinions as to who wants to take my life, I don't think I would be too happy. So, Obi and Anakin must have done something.

Plus, which no one has brough up yet...what about the lake country. If you look at her smile, and the way she glances at him, she is TOTALLY losing her heart to him. For a little bit, she lets her guard down, and enjoys being courted. But, after playing with fire, she realizes that she does have responsibilities, so she puts up a front.

Lastly, what about ROTJ, when they say that she was sad? If she wanted a separation, I don't think that she would spend the rest of her life sad about it. However, if she was in love, tried her hardest to change Anakin (not like women ever do this), and fails, don't you think that would be grounds for depression? We know that she does leave, so she may want a separation, but only when, like Obi, realizes that Anakin is beyond hope, twisted and evil. I don't think that this will be the "cause" of Anakin's turn. It may slam the door, but I don't think that it will be the door itself.

2. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Good points there, TenorAprentice & darthgetalife.

Padme's wardrobe is something that's overlooked; Poor Anakin is getting awfully mixed signals from here.

Also, I think Anakin and Amidala wind up thinking the other dead; I find it hard to believe Amidala would willing seperate from Anakin, or Anakin from Amidala.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.