main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Rey in hiding on Jakku?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by clone3131, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Is Rey put into hiding on Jakku - just like her father was put into hiding on Tatooine?

She is about the right age when Luke failed at the temple. Maybe Luke hid her from Kylo/Snoke?

Also, paraphrasing her, BB8 mentions he is on a classified mission. Rey says "classified? Me too."

-C

2. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    I had this discussion earlier it seems Rey was placed on Jakku at a young age let's say 5? The way she was upset in being left to me means someone left her there that she cared about so that could rule out Kylo/Snoke/knights of ren placing her there for safe keeping. With the shown carnage of the Jedi academy I think she would've been killed off if she was captured.

I'm thinking Luke placed her on Jakku temporarily for safe keeping thinking that he'd come back for her eventually, but whatever happened to him has kept him from doing so. The parallels of her growing up on a harsh desert planet mirror Luke's & Anakins past also. I think Rey has a connection to Luke as either a blood or adoptive child. Either way, he must have sensed her strength in the force & placed her away for safe keeping. The lightsaber called out to her at Maz's as she was able to sense her grandfathers/fathers former blade or she is so powerful in the force she sensed it out from who where its former owners. I don't think Luke was present when his Jedi academy was attacked & it's students killed. I can't see him letting that happen. Maybe Snoke had him pre-occupied on another mission? All good stuff to speculate about while we wait for the next saga installment.

Alienware likes this.
  3. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    Agreed. I think this goes with my other theory that Rey may have been training at Lukes temple when Kylo Ren destroyed it. Luke hid Rey from Kylo and put her on Jakku..

-C

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems she believes her parents were coming back for her(she marks down the days on a wall), although deep down she knows they're gone and not coming back to Jakku. She's basically marooned there. But some of it appears to by choice, as she could've flew out've there anytime she wanted we learn but did not fearing her parents would come home while shes gone and she'd miss them and them her. Unless the novel covers more detail there isn't much to go on except the mixed implications they movie itself could leave one with as far as interpretations go.

5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This is pretty much the gist of it.

Maz pretty much gets her to acknowledge that her parents are not coming back for her on Jakku. But that she more or less has a destiny to help bring Luke Skywalker back to help the Galaxy in peril. At least that is how I interpreted that scene.

6. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    If Rey is not Luke's blood child another theory could be Luke reinstated the practice of taking younglings from their family at a young age for training? Who knows what Jedi material he has discovered or his conversations with the force ghosts of OT. He could've been on a mission to retrieve her for training when his academy fell & after returning to see its destruction she was left on Jakku, by a distraught Luke. I'm thinking Kylo ren is about 10-15 years older than Rey so he could've been looking after the academy when it fell. What's interesting is that Snoke was known to Han & Leia so perhaps he slowly turned Ben like Palpatine did with Anakin? Guess we'll find out in 2017 maybe..,

7. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think the movie makes it clear she is related to what made Luke go into exile. She was hidden in Jakku in order to avoid her being killed.

This will surely be expanded in VIII.

clone3131 likes this.
  8. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    That is my conclussion as well. We just need to know if she is destined to be with Luke because of her amazing power or because she is his daughter as well.

Master Scorpio77 likes this.
  9. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    Well if she was left at let's say a age of 5 someone had to care for her. Whoever left her had to leave $ for her well being or someone took her in & helped guide her. Max Von sydow's character maybe? It could be this mentor/caretaker that told her that her family would one day come back for her as either a honest gesture or appeasement? I doubt at her age she was scrapping at 5yo on a hostile & dangerous planet.

10. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Rey: "Classified? Me too...big secret" (or something like that).

11. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    I caught that, but thought it was sarcasm? Guess we'll find out.

12. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    It was sarcasm, but I think she's right without realising it.

13. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    I think we are made to believe it's sarcasm but in reality she means it.

The question becomes was her mom at the temple also and then left with her. Or why did her mom leave. He mm.

14. DarthYoungling

DarthYoungling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    To explain her strong powers, her mom was probably also a jedi so she was probably killed by Ren.

Did anyone else hear the voice of the guy talking to Ren when she was being left behind? It was really deep and when I listened to a clip of it, it almost sounded like Ren's voice. I don't know their age difference but Rey is supposed to be 18/19 and I figured from the timeline of things Han and Leia probably had kids not too long after the end of the trilogy so he may be at least 30. So it is plausible Ren just didn't want to kill his cousin and left her there because he couldn't kill her and then he lied to Luke that he did kill his daughter. Pure speculation though.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I don't know why people keep saying this?

Maz says her parents aren't coming back for her but there is someone she can bring back (in reference to Luke).

I think the rebellion pilot doll in her room is a big clue too.

16. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Why people keep saying she was part of whatever happened in the flashback? Because it tells her story, isn´t it? She most likely met Kylo before.

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Maybe I misread your post, I thought you were saying Luke is Rey's father.

Apologies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth_Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.