main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Richie's Armor still in business?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by OBIX1, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I sent a e-mail inquiry to him a few weeks ago,but didn't get a response. So,I was wondering if anyone knows if he's still in business or not?

Thanks. :)

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    As far as I know he is but they can take a little while to get back to you by email. I am guessing he is busy. It is that time of the year after all ;)

3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

He seems to be selective on who he decides to reply to. He wouldn't reply to my numerous emails asking for a price list, so a friend of mine that knew Richie asked for one and got a response in minutes. I placed my order, and while he promised to have it to me well before a convention I needed it for, it still didn't come in on time. I finally got it several weeks ago, and the leg flares wern't assembled (they should have been), and he didn't have any hose so he just dropped a $10 bill in the box. I'm not impressed with their service, and probably the only reason I'd buy from them again is if they had something I needed that noone else did. On a plus note, the x-wing pilot chest box I got was excellent.

4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm happy with Richie's so far. I got my femme tie armor from him for a great price :) I still need the belt, but what I got so far is great :D

5. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks for the quick responses guys!

It's good to know he's still in business,but I need this stuff by the weekend of Nov 11. So if he takes while,I might have to look someplace else. [face_thinking]

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I Agree, they seem to be selective on who the respond to, I sent them to emails , Months apart, after being recommend to them by others & have yet to get a response.[face_shame_on_you] Well p*ss on em .

I found a differen supplier, probably much more resonable, & I've seen his work . It's excellent.

7. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    who was the other supplier?

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I was looking for a Tie Fighter Chestbox & Jawaman from the Omega Wing helped me out , you can contact him thru the Omega Wing website www.tiepilot.org

9. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey, John! I'd suggest finding an alternate source if you need it that soon. I haven't had any problems dealing with him (he did part of my Barbie Fett armor for me), but it took a while for Todd to get some items from him.

Good luck with it. :)

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I'd have to agree with having to find another vendor if you want something SOON. Personally, I'll never submit another order.

*every e-mail I received sounded like it was written by an 8-year-old
    *the TIE helmet face is just a bad copy of the FX TK armor set
    *paid extra for rush, but got it 3 weeks late. HUZZAH!
    *never received a reply when I asked for a refund for the extra I paid for the rush
    *helmet was made from the thinnest styrene I've ever seen
    *helmet pieces were painted black, so when I assembled it, the trimming brought out all the white, and the glue didn't adhere
    *when I e-mailed him about it, the reply was to the effect of:

"what do yuo expet we cant get black abs???"

Complete with spelling errors. Any attempts at future correspondence were ignored. [face_plain]

The older FX helmets are 25% too big. The TIE helmet is already HUGE, and when you scale it to fit a helmet that's already 25% oversized, it's a MONSTER. You can fit an entire family of raccoons in one! If anybody wants pics of how ginormous it is, I can oblige.

Not trying to flame. I know RA posts on the TFN boards, but that's my objective take on the helmet and service. [face_plain] I know a lot of people that have had good experiences, though, but I'll never go back. When I showed the helmet to the guy that referred me to him, all he could say was, "Well, that sucks."

Sooo...uhhh...yeah, my experience sucked. And you'll probably never meet a person that owns one of those TIE helmets and admits it...unless, of course, they're 6'8" and 300 lbs. That's the only size person the helmet looks right on. LOL.

11. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Hey Rachel, good to see you again!

Yeah, I decided just to forget buying from him for now. I found some auctions for the stuff I need on Ebay, so I'm watching that now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.