main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is sex outdated?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CarbonKnight, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I have always felt sex was primitive. Animal like. Humans are so developed at this stage that sex seems outdated. Instead of choosing an intellectually suitable mate, humans are likely to choose one who is more attractive.

Instead of planned pregnancies we have "happy" ?s. Rarely does a human engage in sex for reproduction. So, unlike the animal kingdom, humans have sex for pleasure... yet wouldn't you think that the most intelligent species of the planet would rise beyond these primitive means of pleasure?

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit: Nevermind.

3. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I'm thinking sex.

4. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    Sex is an incredibly important aspect of a healthy relationship. You shouldn't degrade it as some sort of 'base' act. Sex is a good thing.

5. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    I have always felt sex was primitive. Animal like.

Then don't have sex.

6. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I don't think so.

7. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Have you ever had sex?

(and I don't mean it in a sarcastic way, I'm just wondering)

Sex is an important part of any relationship and forming a bond with another person. Yes, it gives us pleasure, but it also allows intimacy and closeness.

8. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    Ramius, that was deep. Very deep.

I'm glad you completely understood what I'm talking about.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    With a title like this, I had to see what it was all about.

*Looks around, and leaves*

10. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm not saying sechs isn't important or highly emotional, but I feel as though many times is mistaken for love, when it is anything but.

When nature calls, it's clearly primitive and animal like. Of course, Ramius would tell me "dont go to the bathroom then"

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  12. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Is sex outdated? I'd say no.

Remember that the primary purpose for sex is still procreation. We haven't yet found a better way to have children than good, old-fashioned sex.

Kimball Kinnison

13. CarbonKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    In a perfect world, we'd procreate on some special day, much like Christmas... only better.

14. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    nation wide 'Sex day' where everyone has sex! Woohoo!

15. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Sure sex is an animal act, but humans are animals. Big deal. Sex for pleasure will never become obsolete. Sex for reproduction may become obsolete in the far future, but not the act itself.

It's too much fun.

16. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    CarbonKnight, when you said I have always felt sex was primitive. Animal like. Humans are so developed at this stage that sex seems outdated it sounded like you don't like sex. I thought you were suggesting that we should all artificially inseminate or something.

17. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    In a perfect world, there would be no guilt or negative associations attached to a vibrant monogomous sexual relationship. Since when did intimacy become primitive???

Are you partially basing your opinion on any forms of Christian teaching? Because there are numerous instances in the Bible where the physical relationship between man and wife is praised, encouraged and lauded. It is a good thing.

18. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I don't think sex will ever be outdated. Even if we come up with some special way to procrate without it that is healthyer and safer, I think sex will remain even if it's only value is recreational.

19. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Have you ever read Brave New World? No? Well, in this futuristic society, they only had children through artificial means and sex was only for pleasure.

This was a terrible idea and just made lots of promiscious irresponsible people that had no respect for the act of sex itself. Sex can be an incredible emotional experience for two people and I think the idea of it being outdated downplays its importance.

Sex is the joining of two people and the most intimate thing you can do with another human being. As long as human emotions still exist, sex will.

20. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Remember Gatica (sp?) i just wish things dont end up like that

21. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Sex is a great way to kill 2 or 3 minutes.

22. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Carbon....are you a sad person?

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    You know what... I don't think we should eat, either! After all, that's an animal instinct, too! And we wouldn't want to be anything like animals, would we? So let's just not eat and starve!

24. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh GOD! Walking, have to chop off my legs! And....all these horrible things I see.....ohhh goodbye eyes! UGHHH......Oh crap, animals are ALIVE! Goodbye life!

25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes! We can't be ANYTHING like animals! The horror! [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.