main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is sex outdated?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CarbonKnight, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I guess we should all build giant smart robots and transfer all our knowledge into them and then we can get rid of these feeble bodies and live forever! Of course we would have to make sure ALL the feeble bodies are destroyed before. These bodies are holding us back! One day, I will make so people won't die.

/thinks he needs to watch AOTC again to get the lines right.

2. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    No, Evolution and s3x is holding us back.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Holding us back from what?

4. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Evolution is holding us back? That's a new one...

Damn you natural selection! Damn you and your letting the strong survive so we as a species are stronger and more intelligent!!

5. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Evolution is holding us back? That's a new one...

Damn you natural selection! Damn you and your letting the strong survive so we as a species are stronger and more intelligent!!

Ha ha. But when the attractive go on to reproduce as opposed to the smarter, I think there's a problem. I'm sure many happy wives would cheat on their loving husbands if given the oppurtunity to have s3x with Brad Pitt or whatever hearthrob. That to me, is a problem with s3x, and a leftover of evolution, that we really don't need.

6. CUBIE_HOLE

CUBIE_HOLE Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    CarbonKnight
    [color=blue]Attractiveness and beauty play a big part in society because of s3x! Which is why s3x is clearly outdated, and one of the worst things that happened to humans!![/color][hr][/blockquote]

Well, as others have said before, we're animals. Yes, we are very advanced animals, but when it comes down to it, we have the same basic drives as other animals and living things. Survival and the passing of our genes, but more specifically passing on genes with the best 'other' genes available.

So regardless of how advanced or intelligent you are, you, in the most basic sense, are trying to survive and pass on your genes, so that one day there can be little [b]CarbonKnight[/b] juniors running around. Maybe this is why current sex practices disgust you. It seems more logical that intelligence is superior to attractiveness, therefore, the more intelligent you are, the more sex you should get, but instead, it seems the more attractive you are, the more sex you're likely to get. The more sex you get means you have more chances to pass on your genes, and it seems being attractive provides more opportunities to pass on genes. So do you think it's outdated because it doesn't provide you with enough chances to pass on you genes?

Another thing to consider, humans are social creatures. Well, guess who usually does better, or can perform better, etc., in social settings?

7. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    You are completely marginalizing the positives of a sexual relationship (intimacy, shared joy, expression of love) for the few bad cases that are easily identifiable (shallowness and infidelity).

Shallowness may be a problem, but instinctual sex drive is hardly the primary culprit.

You still have not adequately answered arguments asserting the positive, emotionally advanced elements that sex brings into human relationships. It *is* important.

8. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    True we are the only species who have sex for fun, but if you have ever studied different animals and their sex habits I bet the males wish they could have sex over 300 times in a single day like male Lions will. Of course each mating act for a lion last for about 30 seconds or so, but still this 300 times a day goes on for a few days.

Anyway until something better comes along we will just have to stick with good old humping.

9. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    True we are the only species who have sex for fun,

9 out of 10 Bonobo chimps would disagree!

:p

Anyway, it is well documented that Bonobo chimps use sex for a variety of things, one of which is "having fun".

[They also do it facing each other, like us! er..most of us!]

10. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Thank you, chibiangi. Dolphins do too, as I think I've stated a couple times already in this thread...

11. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Yep, Dolphins and Bonobos are frisky lil suckers.

12. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Edit: Sorry Knight. I'll make sure to make up a completely ridiculous subject to debate about. Hey, why not? If this can make it, why can't any other subject? Perhaps a thread about the importance of hair color or whether the streets outside are real is needed.

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    If you have nothing to contribute, don't post anything. Otherwise, it's spam, and that's bannable.

14. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Sex is not outdated. You still see it in movies. And current pop music still talks about sex also.

15. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Actually there is an evolutionary reason why physical attractiveness is a desiarable qualtiy for a mate. Attractiveness (which in all cultures is generally represented by symetry of features, clear and unblemished skin amongst others) indicates health. Alos when one mates with a person with attractive qualities, those qualities tend to be passed on to its offspring, so it too will have a good chance of mating.

16. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Dolphins have sex for fun . . . .

[face_plain]

17. Dracmus

Dracmus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    nevermind...

18. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    CarbonKnight is really Dr. Evil with his newest brainwashing plan to make the human race die out....

Don't spam. Consider yourself warned.

19. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    [face_blush] sorry 'bout that, im just kiddin' I forgot the handy ' :p '

20. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I think the people posting "spam" here are doing it because this thread is spam. A higher form of spam, but nonetheless spam.

21. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    the senate - a higher form of flaming

the senate floor (i would say carbonknight but id get in trouble) - a higher form of spam

22. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    It isn't your call to determine if a thread is worthwhile or not. I suggest you head to the Senate Rules and Regulations and look them over again.

Regretfully, this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.