main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is Sio Bibble an idiot? Jar Jar Binks 2.0, anyone?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Komodo9Joe, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Komodo9Joe

Komodo9Joe Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2013
    It's news to me that there were other posts on Sio Bibble being an idiot but what do you think of this one? Still find it funny and/or true? ;)

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Have you seen the latest "Mace Windu stole my childhood" thread? Its wonderful.

3. The_Riddler

The_Riddler Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2013
    "we're a democracy, the people have decided"

that about sums up the whole thread me thinks.

4. Komodo9Joe

Komodo9Joe Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2013
    [face_not_talking]

Goodness, people! I didn't think there were that many people keen on defending this fool. Reminds me of Obi-Wan's line:
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool that follow him?"

http://moa.omnimulti.com/images/thumb/e/eb/Sio_Bibble.jpg/200px-Sio_Bibble.jpg

Now is that the face of an idiot rambling er, I mean advising, or is that the face of an idiot rambling? [face_thinking]

Tsk, tsk, tsk[face_shame_on_you] I see this fool has clouded the vision of many... Fear not, I however will do my best to make people see the light: that is, see this bumbling fool for the moron and charlatan he is. :p

Here's
    "Is Sio Bibble an idiot? Jar Jar Binks 2.0, anyone?" PART 2!

We were thankfully graced with Sio Bibble only having a couple of lines in the movie (yet those few lines shed a lot of light on his level of intelligence). Among his handful of lines, many are unsurprisingly obvious statements:
    “A communications disruption can only mean one thing: invasion.”
    “I fear the Senate is powerless to resolve this crisis.”

and we must ask ourselves: why? Why does Sio Bibble say so many obvious things?

The answer is that Sio Bibble, due to scarcity of brain cells, simply can’t think of anything better to say and has to resort to stating common sense.
    Take a look at this line:
    “Negotiation? We’ve already lost all communication! And where are the Chancellor’s ambassadors?

Hellooo? Who the heck cares where the ambassadors are: they’re obviously not negotiating. With your planet facing invasion, the location of the ambassadors should be the last thing on Bibble’s mind. All one needs to know with regards to ambassadors, is that the Chancellor sent them and they clearly couldn’t work out negotiations. But that’s not enough for governor Sio Bibble: nope, he wants to know useless details such as the location of the ambassadors…[face_plain]

For that matter, who is Sio Bibble’s question directed to? Panaka? The Queen? How would they know anymore than Bibble as to where the ambassadors are?

The truth is that no one knows the answers to Bibble’s question. The truth is that no one should care about the answer to Sio Bibble’s question. The truth is(which by now should come as a shock to no one) that Sio Bibble asks an idiotic and ill-timed question.

*Sigh* No surprise there. Again, how did this guy become governor?

And guess what Sio Bibble states to Qui-Gon after he rescues them?
    “Your negotiations seem to have failed ambassador.”

And then he has to wait for Qui gon Jinn to explain to him:
    "The negotiations never took place."

Really, Sio? I mean, really? You had to have Qui Gon tell you for you to realize the negotiations failed. Notice that Sio says 'seems'. Meaning that he still wasn't sure even by that point if the negotiations had failed. Well, at least he learned the location of the ambassadors that he so desperately wanted to know...

...How does a guy with so few lines and such little screen time make himself look like such an idiot? Sio Bibble has apparently somehow found a way. For new or old viewers,read my Original Post if you want even more proof (or if you could use a laugh;) ).

So I again ask the viewers for their opinion on my original question:

Was Sio Bibble an incompetent moron who somehow got the position of governor or was he actually a very shrewd, progressive, intelligent, calculative, and insightful governor who simply played dumb to not frighten others with his excellence?

All opinions welcome and please discuss :D.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This party is over. Feel free to start a Youtube™ series for all of your viewers.:)

FRAGWAGON and CT-867-5309 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.