main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Snoke actually based on Darth Nihilus?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Unkar's Muffins, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    I didn't want to post this under the Andy Serkis thread because we are not talking "Official Info" here, but rather speculation.

In light of Pablo's recent tweet that Snoke is a brand new character in Star Wars, and also not even mentioned in Star Wars ("in way, shape, or form"), some folks are interpreting this to mean that Snoke is not Darth Plagueis. I don't read his tweet quite like that, but for argument's sake, let's assume that Snoke is not Plagueis, or ina ny way related to Plagueis. Well, who else could Snoke be based on or inspired by?

This guy on YouTube has some very interesting observations about an ancient Sith I never knew much about, one who in several important ways fits the information we have about Snoke, outside of the Plagueis theory: Snoke may be based on Darth Nihilus! Why?

• Darth Nihilus is ancient.
    • He was the only survivor of a superweapon that destroyed an entire planet (Snoke's body damage).
    • Kylo Ren's crossguard saber design dates back to the time of Darth Nihilus, and would explain why he uses such an odd (old) design.
    • Darth Nihilus absorbed The Force from people, and even entire planets...("When Snoke gets what he wants from you, then he'll crush you.")
    • It is now canon (Aftermath) that some Sith lord's had a "Force drain" power, like Darth Nihilus, and use it to live centuries beyond their natural lifespan.
    • In "Star Wars: Rebels", Ezra randomly ignites a stable, green version of the CROSSGUARD SABER! - on Malachor, an ancient place that lines up with the Darth Nihilus' background.
    Take a listen, it's fun...

Darth Smurf and Dra--- like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Unkar's Muffins

Dec 4, 2002
  4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    they made snoke a new character and don't know or care about the eu (abrams and kasdan).

5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Nope.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Unkar's Muffins

Dec 4, 2002
    Is that why Kylo Ren is like Darth Caedus? Or the crossgaurd saber is from the time of Darth Nihilus? Or that Kylo Ren's name came from a character called Kybo Ren from a 1985 cartoon "Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO"?

Dra--- likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    none of those things were copied. the crossguard saber was made originally for tfa. it has retroactively been related to ancient times. kylo's character is original. so is his name. the fact that they are similar to things from the eu are coincidence.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  8. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Count_DoodooKuku wrote

In light of Pablo's recent tweet that Snoke is a brand new character in Star Wars, and also not even mentioned in Star Wars ("in way, shape, or form").

I'm not aware of Mr. Hidalgo's recent tweet. Did he imply he wasn't mentioned in a Star Wars film before or did that include all the EU (which according to my knowledge he is very familiar with)?

As for myself I don't like the prospect of him being a deus ex machina character, I'd rather like him to be a character from the EU some are familar with - and you provided interesting food for thought.

Count_DoodooKuku likes this.
  9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Pablo's tweet is specifically about rogue one.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm confused!

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We do not need an entire thread for every single theory about who Snoke could be. Locking.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.