main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Star Wars actually real?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IG_2000, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sometimes I wonder if all those other theoretical "parallel" alternative universes are actually the same thing.

And when someone finally invents a machine to go to them, they become like... Tenebrous. Stuck on repeat FOREVER!

...mayhaps we're all stuck on repeat forever. Dear gawd we might have to relive Ruins of Dantooine again. And again. And again.

RC-1991 and Point Given like this.
  2. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ...only the Tardis craps out and you fall into a gap in the timeline, only to discover that London's skyline is full of Zeppelins.

Gorefiend, Daala and Sarge like this.
  4. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As of today, physics assume that natural laws are the same everywhere in this universe, but, there's a possibility of more universes, which has been a pure hypothetical assumption for a long time, until recently structures in our universe's mass deployment were discovered which indicate gravitational pull from foreign universes: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/468831/20130519/planck-universe-big-bang-mercini-holman.htm

The chance of the canon Star Wars universe actually being real somewhere grows with a climbing number of varying "spaces" (universes, dimensions, realities). With an infinite amount of "different" universes, Star Wars would certainly exist, infinite times in all variations.

Still, there's a little chance of Star Wars being real in our universe, but not exactly like portrayed in the movies, because of different physical laws and environment. Sounds, turns and friction in vacuum space, the Force (at least certain aspects), flaws in the "Skyriver" galaxy's structure, astrography (distances between celestial bodies f.e.) et cetera.

Besides, I did create such a thread before: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-real-or-fictional.50010090/

I, for one, believe in the "multiple universes" thesis, so now, to answer IG_2000's question: Yep, it is real and I'm going to marry Jaina Solo, in my next live. <3

5. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    That's a very big assumption, one not supported by the Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, an interpretation that doesn't exactly hold a whole lot of sway among genuine physicists these days anyway.

6. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    As most have said, parallel universes basically would make it 100% likely that Star Wars is out there, each retcon having it's own universe/timeline.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, these characters are going last long after the people reading this sentence are gone and forgotten so who is really real then, eh?

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You guys realize this is the kind of conversation people who watch Dancing with the Stars think we're having in here, right?

jSarek, Summer Dreamer, JackG and 7 others like this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Is Star Wars real life?
    Is it Space Fantasy?
    Burned on this hillside,
    No escape from reality.

My whole body fries,
    How much I despise Obiiiiiiii!
    I'm just a slave boy, I need no sympathy
    The dark side's easy come, not as slow
    Once Jedi, now I dunno,
    Even though we were bros, you are all that matter, Padme.
    Padmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

- Darth Vader

jSarek, CooperTFN, BigAl6ft6 and 4 others like this.
  10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Without a third eye, this thread will never be able to achieve perfection . . . so that's close enough.

cdgodin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.