New Hamp is star wars dying?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by theimmortaljedi, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I just read that the star wasr movie did real bad and no where close to what was thought. I also notice bb's like stargate and battlestar are more active then star wars bb's even highlander. Are people just growing tired of it. Are their just a few of us still passonite about star wars? Will we get more or is fandom comming to an end? What do you guys think?
  2. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I think there are still just as many, if not more die hard fans out there. I think the hobbie side of star wars has had to put on the back-burner as the economic crunch has really slowed down collectors and the retail side of fandom. As for enthusiasm, I think it is just as high as it has for 31 years!

The movie did not do well because it is animated. There is a strong push by the movie community as a whole against animated films. Look at how poorly other highly anticipated animated films have done in recent years -- Wall-E, Meet the Robinsons, and others have done very poorly in theatres.
  3. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I wonder if it will do well on dvd? I don't want new star wars stuff stop.
  4. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm sure it will do well. The good news is that they are already in production for season 2, so the networks must have liked what they saw in season 1 to request another. Lucas also insists that pre-production is underway on the live action TV show. I'm sure that Star Wars will stay strong longer than we can possibly imagine.
  5. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no doubt that Star Wars is alive and well, and will continue to do so. I don't think that the Clone Wars did poorly, but then again I didn't expect it to rack up normal Star Wars movie release numbers. Face it, it's a niche release that only hardcore Star Wars would really go see. Now that it's on TV, I think you'll see it do fine. I can't wait till Friday! :D
  6. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    So, what did we all think of the premiere? I thought it was pretty kick butt! Both episodes were well written, lots of action, and I like what they did with Yoda, making him a bit more like he was in Empire. Overall, it was great! The replay is on this evening on CN at 9:30!
  7. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    We all like the show here. I do think that all the libations that we had before helped make it better. LOL. I for one am a little upset that the droids are there for comic relief. It is hardle plausible that being a bad shot could be part of a droid's programming. I suppose that this is to attract the younger audiences in the same manner as our friend Jar Jar Binks. Did I see a preview of next week's episode wherein Jar Jar does something to Amidala's ship? I wonder if the new live-action show will be more on the serious side.
    On another topic, I wonder if Anakin and Ahsoka will ever get together. Perhaps Luke and Leia could have a half-sibling with red skin and horns somewhere out in the galaxy?
  8. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm sure that the live action serioes will be much more "grown up." I've heard that it will be more like the new Galactica series -- very character oriented and suspenseful.

I liked the premiere episodes, although I will have to watch them again since I was in la-la land....
  9. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Star Wars is not dead, I spent 5 days with 35,000 star wars fans just 16 months ago, and people are already talking about C-V.
    As a side note, Supermegafest is next month where one can get limited edtion star wars prints by Star Wars artist Kevin Liell, like this one:
    http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kltrooperbestyn8.jpg
  10. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks pretty sweet! You're a great artist!
  11. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Just rewatched last weeks clone wars episodes last night, a little more lucid this time. I think they are very well done. I especially like that there is a "lesson" in each one. I also like all of the references to the best lines of the orginal trilogy as well as the numbering of various things. For example, in one of the episodes, they refer to unit number 1-9-7-7. As for Star Wars dying, take a look around yoru town at Halloween at how many clone trooper and jedi there will be among the crowds...I know of 4 kids, none of them my own, that are planning star wars related costumes.
  12. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

star 1
    That is true. Halloween stores are filling up with them. Does anyone know if the show is doing well in the ratings.
  13. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    I know that we set our clocks so that we won't miss the show on Fridays.
    By he way, did anyone catch that "Scream 2008" pseudo awards show on Spike last night? At the end Samuel L. Jackson presented a "Comicon" award to none other than George Lucas himself at the show. There were also loads of clone and stormtroopers in costume in a parade and on the stage along with him. I'm wondering if they were part of the 501st...
    I think that Spike is running the SW movies this week as well. They did ANH on Sunday and TESB on Monday. I'm not sure about the rest of the week, though.
  14. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I will have to look for a repeat. I missed it.
  15. theimmortaljedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Record-Breaking CLONE WARS Ratings and Retail Sales Usher in a New Era of STAR WARS Entertainment

TV, Toys, Videogames, Books and Online Media Showcase Enduring Appeal of the STAR WARS Saga

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new era in STAR WARS entertainment has begun: Following its record-breaking Oct. 3 premiere on Cartoon Network, a cumulative total of more than 27 million people have seen the first three episodes of Lucasfilm Animation?s weekly STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series, and STAR WARS has become the biggest licensed toy property of the year.

16. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    It's AAALLLIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!
  17. Rotag21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of Star Wars being alive....

Has ANYONE out there heard ANYTHING about C5? I know a few months ago it was down to just a couple city's like Orlando, Chigaco, Indi and LA again right? I just have not heard of seen anything about if for sometime now.

I figured by now they would know. I need some time to get my stuff in order to go. lol Would love to get the ticket out of the way. I'm still hoping for Orlando!!!

I'd be able to get us all a place to stay. Plus who cool would it be to due Disney & Univ. as well. That would be so sweet!

Let's all hear it for ORLANDO!!

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.