main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is StarWars Satanic?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by 103728103, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMorte

DarthMorte Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    Yeah, you gotta watch out for people who would use their bibles to thump you over the head rather than a lightsaber. I still remember when people were crying about Jar Jar and that he was a racial stereotype. Same thing with the clones. Some people just should NOT be allowed to breed.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am a Christian yet I do not take offense to this film, for I know it is just that. But there are many that are wanting to complain about the smallest of things. And I do not think that Jar Jar is meant to be a racist comment. I am proud that Ahmed got to play that role, he was quite a hilarious character. :)

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Sorry Cam Mulonus...But I did see Elvis last week...and he told me to tell you to "...have faith, brother."

:D

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't see why some people feel the need to find a darker motive to everything. Star Wars isn't satanic, it just has villains. Jar Jar isn't racist, he's just annoying as anything.

And yes, I am a devout Christian.

5. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I like Jar-Jar. I like the Clones and the Fetts. I like Watto and the Neimodians. Not because they represent some imaginary stereotype. And I didn't become Atheist because of Star Wars.

6. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    The reason some folks think SW is Satanic is primarily because of the force. For instance, the near magical qualities and the Buddhist influences. Also, it seems most think of the "God" in the movies as the force, the problem being that the God could not possibly have a "dark side" and the fact that the force is impersonal and more like a tap than a being. It could also be interpreted though as simply Evil (darkside) is a corruption of Good (light side) and the two are not necessarily the same thing. I'm more inclined to go with that thinking.

Myself, I don't think that SW is satanic.

7. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    One thing stops SW from being Satanic: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

8. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    An eternity ago....in a flaming hell-pit far, far away.

SATAN WARS
    Episode IV
    ANTI-CHRIST'S NEW HOPE

9. Greesha

Greesha Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    i am a christian, and i have noticed that most christians who bash stuff like harry potter, star wars, and lord of the rings have never taken the time to see the movie or read the books. basically, one person makes a huge fuss about how it's evil, and everyone freaks out. no one thinks to look at the source. my mom freaked out on my sister when she wanted to see harry potter, but refuses to say what's bad about it or why she thinks that, or even read the book.

basically, anything can be taken as satanic. the same thing could be taken as a good moral story. it's all in how you look at it and how loud you can be.

10. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Religion is about fear. To control other people and have them tag alonge with the religion you have to give them something to fight against and something to fear. Thats why religions is the main reason for wars and thats why religion have killed more people than anything else.
    Religion is just a way of contolling people.
    Religion is for those who need something to belive in because without a god and a devil nothing makes sense to them
    There is no god and there is no devil. Its more likely that Elvis is walking around. Maybe Elvis is god Someone sure thinks so :)

And the reason for them to show Luke vs Vader is because that is the best battel between good and evil :)

Ohh and i listen to rock and i dont even think there is a devil but it sure is a lot of evil around and the evil always is made of those who belive in a god and a devil.

So make the world a better place and forsake youre gods and devils

Hope i provoked some of you now :)

11. darth-Kirk

darth-Kirk Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    I dont understand how star wars could be considered satanic. what is bad about it?

12. Nienna

Nienna Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    I don't think it's satanic. Didn't GL take things from New Age, Zen, and Buddhism? I may be wrong but i think i heard that somewhere...

13. padme1967

padme1967 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't like Harry Potter, D&D, Ouigi Boards, and Smurfs.
    ROTF!
    Did I miss something? Are the Smurfs Satan's helpers or something?

14. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't think it's satanic. Didn't GL take things from New Age, Zen, and Buddhism? I may be wrong but i think i heard that somewhere...

That's the problem. To some people, other religion = of the devil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.