main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is TFA the most divisive Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nave, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Something that I noticed in the lead up to TFA that didn't happen with any other Star Wars movie is that there was a group of people made up of people from various different internet subgroups who had a preconceived negative outlook on the film. What I mean by this is that while their reasons for it varied, they all had seemingly decided that no matter how TFA turned out, they had decided that they weren't going to like it. In comparison people were much more unanimous in their optimism in the lead up to the previous six films.

The point that I'm getting at here is that this created a very polarized atmosphere around this movie more than the others which begs the question, is TFA the most polarizing of all the Star Wars movies? I mean think about it, it's the first Star Wars movie without George Lucas at the helm, erases the Expanded Universe that was near and dear to so many people, largely ignored the prequels, and comes out in an age where we get to know more about a film pre-release than before, which can help us better formulate opinions on whether the movie will be worthwhile or not; all of which cause a rift in the fanbase. Am I the only one who sees this or am I taking crazy pills?

Howard Hand likes this.
  2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Possibly. And yeah. The sale to Disney, and the demotion of the EU, helped precipitate the divisiveness. Doesn't mean those weren't good decisions, though. Art ossifies when artists become slaves to their fans.

Howard Hand and Darth Nave like this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm stopping you right here. This will lead nowhere good. There are reaction threads, complaint threads, and the Cave for this sort of thing. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.