main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is that the spirit of the drunken master? Drunken Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SuperSaiyaMan12, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I am wondering if any Jedi proves to be even more formidible in battle...while drunk. It is a real-life fighting technqiue as well, called 'suiken'. Any Jedi proved to be more formidible or powerful in battle while drunk in the EU?

2. MasterCircassian

MasterCircassian Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2006
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in Labryinth of Evil on Cato Nemoidia

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    heh, Obi-Wan wasn't actually any better I don't think :p

Though no, that would be good to see. not strictly a jedi though, some non force sensitive martial artist, kick a cocky jedi's butt

4. Callina

Callina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    I would think drunken Jedi would be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. When people are intoxicated they lose their inhibitions...personally, I wouldn't want to meet a Jedi who had lost his inhibitions.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It'd be dangerous for the Jedi, methinks. Alcohol impairs judgment and focus, two things essential to even rudimentary use of the Force.

Then again, I think Jedi have enough control over their own biology to speed up the processing of intoxicants or to slow their effects. I wrote a fanfic where Obi-Wan mentions that he could very easily keep himself from getting drunk, but that would defeat the purpose...

6. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Doesn't Baris Ofee or her Padawan use hallucinogens to think that she's an uber Force-user?

I can just see it now: The Juma Jedi.

7. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

What about the Twi'lek female from the Dark Nest and NJO...damn...her name is evading me right now, but she was a "Spice" addict, no?

Carnage

8. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Wellwehave the examples of Obi-wan getting high and still being effective vs battledroids. As I recall, it affected him to the point that he was vaguely impressed with his skill during the fight. As Stover showed us Obi-wan tended to abandon hismelf completely to the Force during such situations, showing part of the effects fo the spores.

Then we have Barris, who used that Bota stuff and had a mind trip giving her some temporary percieved increase in her Force perceptions. But the bota changed, becoming useless as a healing agent or hallucinogen.

Finally, we had some of the Bugifed Jedi getting into the ambrosia stuff in DNT. Don't know how it afected their combat abilities.

Oh, one final: Obi-wan gets a drink at the Outlander, and he procees to hack off Zam's arm at the elbow rather than cut her gun to pieces. It might be the same reason he took Ponda's arm on Tattooine. :p

9. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Didn't Anakin and Obi-Wan get drunk on that ice moon in LOE and then had a speeder bike chase?

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    *facepalm* You don't actualy get drunk to do drunking boxing. You move like a drunk person to be upredictible, but being drunk would cripple all fighting abilities.

11. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    ...I was actually referring to Jackie Chan: Legend of the Drunken Master and Rock Lee from Naruto, a guy who, with one sip of alcohol, becomes nearly unstoppable with his suiken style.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Then why did you say "real life"?

Well, in any case, i stand corrected.

13. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Alema Rar. I'mnot sure she was an addict but she probably was exposed to spice from a young age.

And it didn't do her much good in the end.

14. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Because there is a real life style that doesn't count on alcohol? I was actually referring to the fictional ones.

15. Ataro_Soresu

Ataro_Soresu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2006
    LOE will always hold a special place in my heart for Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting drunk, and for Obi-Wan fighting high on the toxic gas fumes.

"Master, I think you invented a new lightsaber form."

Of course, what thread on this topic would be complete without invoking the old Obi-Wan's-a-drunk jokes? You know as soon as he's had one sip, someone's arm is coming off.

Obi-Wan is definitely the ultimate drunken master.

16. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Can he do this while drunk? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1F3YuHTQrA&search=Rock%20Lee%20Stupify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSppXZ9_dgA&search=Rock%20Lee%20drunk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lrOo4bPbA&search=Rock%20Lee%20drunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFt-SFVj-M&search=Rock%20Lee%20drunk

17. Ataro_Soresu

Ataro_Soresu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2006
    If by that you mean, could he kick a bunch of other cartoon characters' butts??...then yes.:D

18. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

This is why I liked Alema Rar in Joiner King. When have we ever seen a slutty Jedi? A drunken Jedi? Other persona-Jedi?

It's always the same somber and calm visage.

19. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    So he can do what Rock Lee did, prove it.

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Why am I beginning to think the point of this thread was to compare Obi-Wan to anime characters?

o_O

Look, we can't "prove" anything because no one writes about Jedi getting drunk and dueling because, besides it being kind of out of character for them, I think the idea would seem a little silly and out there to most Star Wars writers. Even the Jackie Chan movie you brought up was an action comedy.

Anyway, it's difficult to compare characters in different universes because things don't always line up. Based on what we know, we answer as best we can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.