main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Is the cult of Apple losing its shine

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Not a work phone. But I'm not the decision maker in this realm.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Is it your lover, Wocky?

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You are very welcome for the advice, wocky

Hmmm, depending on how your upgrade programme works, you may want to reconsider. The 7 is only a minor upgrade over the 6s. The 8, which will coincide with the iPhone's tenth anniversary, is likely to be a yuge upgrade. I myself am waiting for the 8, even though I could upgrade now. But I guess this is a decision for your bf, rather than you.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I'm very curious on what the anniversary model will have compared to the 7. What's the next innovation that Apple has up their sleeve?

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rumours are rife at the moment. Cordless charging, OLED screen, edge to edge display, curved screen. Essentially everything possible is being thrown out, so we will see what sticks.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    And if I'm not mistaken, there are currently phones on the market that have all those things you listed above, right?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I believe so. The only thing that might be new is remote wireless charging. I don't think that's a thing yet.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Exactly. But they also like to hear when their staff is doing right too and I believe the latter helped me get out of the Yahell black hole sooner rather than later.

My emailing Cook last week about good service in relation to this probably expediated my phone being unlocked, and they also just refunded the electronic gift cards lost when I had to close the Yahoo account due to the hack. No fuss, no muss.
    Jabba-wocky sounds like it appears to be sorting itself out. I hope your employer? can resolve this.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    My fiance's friend got a pop up that she believed was from Apple. She called the number and gave the guy her serial number. She obviously got scammed. What should she do?

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Report it to apple. Call apple's tech support.

I will be buying another apple again but they are not the same.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    The shine has lost it's luster. The hubris is coming out of Cupertino these days is rather horrid but when the tech works, I still love it. No longer angry, just bummed. As long as they keep doing right by me and my existing Apple tech I will hang around.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    And yet, somehow, lots of developers continue to make apps for iPhones that they won't make for Android. Even though 87% of the world and 65% of Americans have Android phones.

15. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    My watch arrived last week. Now I've ordered the iPhone 7 plus as well.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Airpods are out, and the reviews are very good. Two complaints are the way they look, but the stem is necessary as it's battery. And one reviewer said they keep falling out his ears, but this is a problem he has when ear buds don't come with multiple shaped thingies.

The sound is getting excellent reviews, better than their wired predecessors and the best blue tooth, plus the best connected blue tooth. I'm sure not good enough for audiophiles, but that's a niche market anyway. They also work very well with other devices, like the Samsungs (which is handy, as Samsung are about to ditch the headphone jack lol).

So, I think I'll get a pair when my current airbuds die. The look doesn't bother me, the case is excellent and probably how I'll transport them when not in use as it also provides charging. I don't anticipate potentially losing such a small object anymore than I worry about losing a car key, coins etc.

17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Lol what a stupid product

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

I would probably have the same complaint as the indicated reviewer, as earbuds typically have a difficult time staying in my ears. It's an awful pain to find a good wireless set of headphones that can suffer through the bouncing motions of running without dislodging. I wish more manufacturers invested in around-the-ear/hook earpieces instead of these silly earbuds.

Are the Apple airpods solid plastic, or soft rubber? I tried an incredibly light pair of Philips plastic earbuds (they consisted of only the two earpieces connected to one another via a thin cord that goes behind the head/neck) and while they were very comfortable (heck, you couldn't even tell you were wearing anything), the solid plastic shape of the earpieces made it impossible for them to remain in my ears while running. Sitting was just fine, but as soon as you made motion, the damn things kept dislodging.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They're solid plastic.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If you were looking to throw money away I gladly would have recommended charities or something.

21. StarKiller81

Nov 19, 2014
    I would gladly ignore any suggestions you might have.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

As you can most likely surmise, it is probably more profitable to do so. Bloomberg posted a very telling article the other day. I've seen the writing on the wall for about two years now, but 2016 was the absolute worst year I can remember in owning Apple products. As a result of my awful experiences with iPhones this month, I emailed Tim Cook about the absolute cluster that has plagued my usages since September 2016. I don't care if I hear from him or not, but he needs to know.

Insofar as AirPods, yeah not my bag. I still wear cheap wired headphones, can't be bothered with charging something else.

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I dunno I got my first iphone in 2016 and tbh it appears to be a million times better than the ones my friends have that aren't iphones. I can drop mine everywhere and have not once had a single bug or anything at all. whereas I've seen other people breaking theirs left and right and having to replace for stupid reasons.

StarKiller81 likes this.
  24. StarKiller81

Nov 19, 2014
    I ordered the AirPods but the wait is until Feb 1st at the moment.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, when software updates drain the battery rapidly, the phone stops working in 40 degree weather, you get locked out of your phone thanks to activation lock for five days and the sales reps kark up the SIM install twice; now whose fault is that? I handle these phones and computers with kit gloves...

That I had to return a brand new 7+ for averaging 5 hours use time - please. In the last three years, almost constant issues. This after 11 years without problems and then another 3 years before everything went to hell. Obviously, I am stuck in the ecosystem, but I stopped quaffing the kool aid years ago.

Anyway, I hope no one else has to endure the stupidity and treatment I have.