main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It takes away my perfect understanding of the I-VI story. That's all it does. Wait a minute. I don't fully understand the I-VI story. We need a ST. Oh, right. That's right. There making one.

I agree. Palpatine surely 'takes away' from the intelligence and accomplishments of Darth Vader.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. J.J.Abrams

J.J.Abrams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2014
    Totally agree, I think they need to do a 180 and explore other areas in science fiction.. It looks like this'll be a more of a cyberpunk take on Star Wars.

3. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    If Palpatine isn't dead, I want Windu back.

4. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    palpatine is dead in my opinion.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Perhaps Palpatine's Spirit joins a larger Dark Side energy that a new villain in the film saga taps.

Dra--- and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    They're both dead.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So he's alive outside of your opinion? How do we get him out? The poor poor man.

8. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
  9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Surprise!
    [​IMG]

10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    It would devalue the whole pt and OT. Leave him dead. Start a new baddie for future trilogies, plan it out like Marvel is for the next 20 years.

beedubaya likes this.
  11. WrathofRunia

WrathofRunia Jedi Padawan

Oct 19, 2014
    Not only did he take a serious fall, the Death Star also blew up. He's dead. If he's revived...the disappoint will be strong.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Palpatine is dead but his son, Sheev Jr. stands ready to ascend to the throne and take on the mantle of Emperor.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2014
    Dead as dead can be.

14. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Some people just can't leave things be.

Palpatine's character had a great run. He very nearly had his ultimate victory and came incredibly close to extinguishing both the Jedi and the Rebellion. Even failing that he'll go down as a very accomplished figure who completely reshaped the Star Wars universe. Every time you see a Stormtrooper, or an AT-AT laying on a battlefield, you're largely seeing his work. His mark will be everywhere you look here in this new batch of movies and his legacy will live on a long time.

As to the man himself I think he's just plain ol' dead. If he were brought back, what's he going to do that he hasn't done before? Is he going to start completely from scratch, and if so, why not just use a new villain for the part?

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    What if the baddies aren't actually constructing a superweapon but instead they are making mass machine / Sith and dark side magic etc. that would rip Palpy back from the afterlife? Just everyone thinks it's a superweapon but, nope, they're trying to bring back Sheev! If it took them 30 years and they had to mobilize an entire army, etc. to do it, I think that would be working hard for them to "cheat death" for the series major bad guy.

16. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    If Maul can survive being cut in half and falling down a shaft anything is possible

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Looking back at the 2nd Death Star destruction...

[​IMG]

Yeah... no... Palps is dead. He's likely just one of those glowing streaks of light from his vaporization at that point.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Zannah like this.
  18. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014

Oh C mon Maul was more badass than ever in TCW...but I get what youre saying though... Give mauls character a pass

19. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    He's not dead; he's undead. His rotting corpse, animated by his own evil force-spirit, floats in space, orbiting the ewok moon along with other DS 2 wreckage, harmless, until one day a small salvage ship piloted by a cynical vet of the rebellion and his ragtag crew of good-hearted smugglers, happens upon it.

20. OBIWANARNO

OBIWANARNO Jedi Master star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    If Palatpine isn't dead then you can basically bring back every other character who has died - that includes Mace Windu, Bail Organa, Padmé Skywalker, all the assassinated Jedi etc. In fact the only people you could not bring back to life would Yoda, Ben and Anakin as they are already force ghosts which means they are definitely dead.

They can of course clone him but that would be poor writing (certainly worse than anything Lucas wrote) and to bring back the main villain of the last five films would be so unimaginative. They need to do something creative and new. Otherwise these new films will not be that exciting. One of the reason I think Star Trek: Into Darkness (Abrams last big film) didn't work for many fans was that this was just the same story as Wrath of Kahn. People want something new and not the same thing again. EVII can not make the same mistake.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Struggling to remember wether I've posted in this thread before?..Nope can't remember. Anyway, yep he really is. :)

EviL_eLF and Hoggsquattle like this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Palpatine is an idea, and ideas can't die. ;)

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    No, Mal! Be Good! Be Good!

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Reminds me of TTT and how Leia and then Mara both sensed the Emperor's lingering presence over the moon of Endor. In a way, Palpatine was sort of in that trilogy, too. Maybe not in the physical sense, but his feared reputation and remaining, subconscious influence over Mara Jade was something that allowed him to play a role in those books too. It was better than returning him from the dead, anyway.

Bail B. Baobab and PCCViking like this.
  25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.