main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I like the Sith so I'd be cool with it. I'd also be equally cool with something different. But if Kylo is so hung up on the Sith, and he is indeed Vader's grandson, I think it's more than likely that he's a Sith. Maybe not the kind of Sith we've seen before but still a Sith. And I think a different kind of Sith would be pretty cool as well. basically I'm cool with whatever they do.

2. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    Wash your mouth out..........the Sith rock!!!!

Considering the Jedi Order and the Sith Order are ancient masters of the Lightside and the Darkside of the force respectively, It will be kinda hard to make Kylo Renn or any Inquisitor a credible threat to Luke Skywalker without attaining that level of training.

In Empire Strikes Back, The Emperor makes it very clear that "The Son of Anakin Skywalker must not become a Jedi". As when fully trained to utilize his potential, he would then become a very great threat to The Sith.

Let us not forget that this "Uber" character is rumoured to be a force sensitive, who has Luke Skywalker's measure. And thus why my earlier comment spoke of Uber possibly being Sidious.

3. SLASHAXL

Dec 25, 2005
    I don't know if he could have co-existed with Darth Sidious, unless the tomb story has some Creedence, even if only in a flashback. Regardless it would be hard to explain how Darth Sidious old master is still alive.

4. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

yeah but at the same time how are Rey/Finn going to fight a Sith lord? again, what would make Kylo Ren a good villain is not his level of skill, but how far he's willing to go. going with the general "rising out of the ashes" theme this film is probably going to have, it makes sense for both our protagonists and antagonists to not be highly trained and highly choreographed. they're like lost youth who end up on different paths, Kylo Ren a terrifying one. kind of like how a kid who joins DAESH and executes people is terrifying even if he's not a master swordsman (I hate to casually just use a really sad, really sensitive real world example like that, so sorry ;_;). the Sith are dead, the Jedi aren't back to the glory days despite Luke's efforts, so now everyone has to build up their own new world of sorts. Kylo Ren maybe isn't skilled enough to take on Luke head-on by himself (maybe he'll avoid doing something like that), but he has more than enough motivation.

Uber could be a really powerful force user but I hope he's not Sidious, or a Sith in general (just especially not Sidious :p ) actually I don't really care if he is a Sith, but while I think the Sith is a good concept, I kind of think they ruined (lol melodrama) Star Wars by boxing everything in to "Jedi vs. Sith" or "bad and uses the force=Sith" or "good and uses the force=Jedi". I always imagined them to just be two sects of force users, not everyone. like the Jedi is just the specific order promoted by the Republic for defence purposes, and the Sith is just one particular order that formed that embraced the dark side.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Is it going to far and too un-Star Wars for Palpatine to be able to transfer his consciousness from his dead body into new body, not necessarily a cloned body either.

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well i think it is. They did a clone of him in the EU comics of course. To me doing the same character isn't very interesting and you just end up making thing's less important if someone can just come back from the dead.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

This is just one of those things we won't truly know the answer to until Episode IX. We already know the groundwork is there if they ever wanted to bring him back. If Ian McDiarmid knows something, he's never going to reveal it in an interview. If George didn't want to bring back Sidious, it doesn't mean Disney agreed. Or if George is absolutely sure he is dead, it doesn't mean he's out of the picture when it comes to Star Wars.

It's just a unique situation where we have to wait and see. But until then, keep your eyes and ears open. For example the Tarkin novel put a spotlight on the ultimate goal of Sidious that wasn't really explored before 5 months ago. He went from ruling a galaxy, to cheating death, to now wanting to reshape reality itself and becoming God of the universe. It seemed to hint that this plan would be explored in future stories between ROTS and ROTJ at the very least. So will Rebels expand on this plot or will something be hinted at in Lords of the Sith? Who knows.

8. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I have often posited that The Death Star was in reality a kind of "Immortality Machine". An engine designed to generate so much Dark Side Energy and suffering that it would fuel Palpatine's quest to live forever...

LordDlow and darklordoftech like this.
  9. d. Jones

d. Jones Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2014
    Ian McDiarmid's Palapatine was such a savory and memorable role. I would not mind seeing him do a Sith Force ghost appearance to guide Kylo Ren over the course of the New Trilogy. He is not too old to offer some wisdom and dark side training to his new apprentice. I would be bothered if he actually came back from the grave though. There is no precedent for that in SW canon.

Django Fett and darklordoftech like this.
  10. SLASHAXL

Dec 25, 2005
    Maybe Darth Sidious didn't die, which would tie in with George Lucas saying Disney didn't use his treatments for the ST.

New Owner, new rules. Disney might decide the prophecy was inaccurate and that the Emperor needs to live for the sake of the franchise they just bought.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Dr. McCoy said it best: "He's dead, Jim." :p

DarthIshyZ and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I hope they don't bring the Emperor back, I think it would cheapen the events in ROTJ, hover, I've read enough comics to know that nobody is truly dead unless you can see the corpse.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A lot of the speculation surrounding the First Order brings Dark Empire to mind. In Dark Empire, Sidious transforms the Empire it into a dark side theocracy where the government is composed of Force-users.

Mungo Baobab and Iron_lord like this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    would an order have a grand master or something?

15. logan5ive

logan5ive Jedi Grand Master

Aug 21, 2003
    Maybe he's mostly dead.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, we'll need to get the coroner to find out for sure:

17. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

He's back all right. But something went wrong when the spirit inhabited the clone.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Force Ghosts....
    I imagine him infecting the dreams of someone... Kylo, Snoke, someone else... like Freddy Kruger.

19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    The Legends for Darth Bane had Zannah able to transfer her consciousness. The end of the Bane novels had Bane's body survive (I believe) but with Zannah's consciousness.

Django Fett likes this.
  20. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    This is...actually being discussed?

[​IMG]

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Plagueis can survive, so can Sheev.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  23. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    He is somehow survived the fall, I am pretty sure the massive death star explosion killed him.

How is this thread at 108 pages?? We really that bored?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    It was a lot more fun when we knew nothing about the film.

Mods can lock it now.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sidious is dead.

But, did the real Emperor die in RoTJ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.