main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Ok i admit it, i laughed [face_rofl] [face_blush]

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    He better be!

Vale Man likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No, the Emperor died in ROTJ...

[​IMG]

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  4. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I wholeheartedly approve of any post that includes Robot Chicken. That and Sith Jar Jar makes so much more sense.

Darth kRud likes this.
  5. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Sooooo...Abeloth...evil blob?

6. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Well, he was thrown down a very long shaft, while being electrocuted. And then he blew up, when they destroyed the Death Star. I'm going to bet no one acknowledges the Emperor surviving, or even being resurrected. Since he's dead.

kainee likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He blew up before the Death Star did- that big blue cloud that appears right after he's thrown down.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_shhh]

9. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The Emperor is not dead! He's pining for the fjords!

thesevegetables likes this.
  10. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah that's actually a pool down there, and he just splashed really really hard and the water hit Vader and messed up his circuits.

12. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's what I suggested back in Dec...

I thought back to TCW and TPM. Dave Filoni said that bringing Maul back was GL's decision/idea. But, go back to what GL said after TPM when people were saying they wanted Maul back. GL said that he had Maul cut in half so that people would accept that he was dead and not coming back. Hmmmm...in RotJ, the Emperor/Darth Sidious is thrown down a long shaft and the DS is blown up. Everyone assumes that Sidious is dead and never coming back. But could he? GL had also mentioned that he liked the Dark Empire comics. Hmmmm...Ian McDiramid is now signing and has even read Darth Plagueis. I don't know if he's mentioned a willingness to return, but he could. Just speculation...

I haven't read the Darth Plagueis book yet, but have read spoilers about it. We now know that DP is alive in TPM. We also know that DP was interested, as is Palps, in eternal, or at least extended, life. We know from TPM that the "force" created Anakin and that Palps wanted Anakin as his apprentice. Here's what I think...Palps learned from DP that he could transfer his "essensce"/spirit/consciousness into another body. That other body, for some reason, should be one with force sensitivity. He, Palps, intended to do that to Anakin, but since Anakin ruined his body, Palps had to look for another body. Enter Luke. You get the picture there. Anywho...perhaps Palps also discovers that he can transfer his essensce into something inanimate...like say...a sith holocron. As he's thrown down the shaft, he does just that. The blue "energy" we see is not from an explosion, but Palps transferring to something either on a ISD nearby or perhaps on Endor.

Ok, Ep.7...years later, one of Luke's students finds the sith holocron. Palps has finally found his new host body.

Eh...just speculation.

Erkan12 likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Maul's return is more believable given what happened to Anakin & Greivous being restored by tech despite severe injuries. But they at least had a body left to repair, the Emperor exploded, and what was left was destroyed by the Death Star exploding. Hard to bring back someone who is nothing.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I think he's dead. Would kinda be a waste of trying to be new *in the sequel trilogy* if you just reuse the same villain characters from the past films. Give me new stuff!

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Emperor/Sidious/Palpatine is the central evil of the whole Saga to this point though, covering both trilogies. It will be weird having a trilogy where he is no longer the major villain with the other Sith Lord being his servant.

16. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    How about "Vaseline", otherwise know as Darth Lubious?

17. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I just got off the phone with Arnt, he told me not to tell anyone but I'll break my vow of silence and fill you guys in, Sidious is dead but his master is the new villain. Swear...I'm not lying. Just accept it and move on ;) The Phantom Muunace is the title of VII. His apprentice will be Darth Venemum.

18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    GASP!

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    It's quite obvious, actually.

The Emperor died falling down that shaft and from the speed of descent he burnt up in a massive blue Sith fireball. The blue energy that we see is his evil sith spirit being released. What we didn't see, however, because we followed Luke back down to that hangerbay, was that this really really pissed off the Emperor. Like really. His blue energy roamed the Death Star halls looking for a host to enter.

Then the Death Star blew up and the Emperor's Sith spirit now hung out in the vacuum of space, where he spotted the forest moon of Endor just below him. On the planet our heroes enjoyed themselves in celebration as the Death Star exploded and rained down upon the planet. This was actually the Emperor's spirit.

After our heroes partied all night, left the forest a complete mess and then left the clean up to the Ewoks, the Emperor's Spirit possessed one lucky Ewok and he begun hatching his plans for revenge.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Diggler

21. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    That's what we thought about Maul, too...

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Please don't resurrect him, please. It was sorta already done in the EU anyways.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  23. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Nah he just turned into magic dust when he teleported out of there. Mother Talzin pulls that trick all the time.

Erkan12 likes this.
  24. serso

serso Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2001
    This could also be a lie itself that he tells he does not know how to do cheat death yet. But to be honest, I don't want this to be the case in the new trilogy. I want the emperor to be dead (even though I love Ian in his role as the emperor)
    I would prefere Plagueis to be the new (old) bad guy if they can create a good story why he has been out of the picture for so long. It could tie all trilogies together if done right.

25. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    And we wouldn't have to denigrate Anakin's contribution to balancing the Force one bit. I like the idea of Leia not having yet forgiven her father, which keeps his spirit from being able to progress in the Force world. Plagueis is able to use this negative energy against the New Republic. What if the new tril involves Anakin's spirit aiding first Luke, then Luke's students in vanquishing Plagueis, but in the end, it is finally Leia's forgiveness of Anakin that destroys Plagueis? Interesting possibilities...

serso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.