main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Palpatine's spirit is (and until proven otherwise will remain) a fabrication of our speculation here.

Plagueis was mentioned as at some time existing, being alive, being powerful and being killed. The manner in which it is done is very similar to the passing reference to Luke's father in ANH, and we all know what came of that passing reference.

Dra---, StoneRiver and Immortiss like this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    We've never seen Plagueis. He dabbles in the immortal realm. Palpatine the material. The Death Star embodied his philosophy of material power. He was over-confident...that was his weakness. Plagueis has no such, yet.

Dra---, StoneRiver and The Hellhammer like this.
  3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    hahahahahahaha!

Obviously it would be a result of Plagueis's early manipulations of the midichlorians, and other aspects of the force "some" would consider to be "unnatural. I would totally name this charector TRICLOPS and imprison him as a slave on the spice mines of Kessel (really give the fans what they want!) Triclops could have a son (lets's call him "KEN") that he fathered with a Jedi while in prison.... They could totally make Triclops and Ken seem like badguys and let them have weird powers like the abillity to "dream" new weapons and technologies.... but (and here's the twist) in episode IX it is revealed that Triclops is actually a pacifist who dissaproves of his father's Empire and he could formally join the New Republic!!!!

This is pure gold I am giving you guys, I hope you are taking notes.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Why do they call it Ovaltine? The bowls round, the cups round, the jar's round.

That's gold, Jerry. Gold.

LottDodd likes this.
  5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Indeed we do know what came of that passing reference. Anakin had still been defeated. Just in a different way than expected.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Do you? If Palpatine returns he'll be an important badguy and set on hurting the heroes. This would already be too similar to Dark Empire.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Like how, for instance?

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    spirit, teleportation, ressurection, clone, horcrux, who knows what else

Dra--- and Mystery_Roach like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, yeah...in a way, I do. Forget all the crap that's in those comics. I'm just talking about the cheating death part, which may be Lucas's own idea, by the way.

I can't imagine a character who's attained this kind of power over so many would just sit idle for death to take him and not search for immortality - especially since there was another Sith who may or may not have discovered it. It makes perfect sense that he might have, regardless of whatever method. Ghosting isn't one I would consider achieving what he wanted in the first place, since I'm sure it is limited to what he desires.

I would prefer new over old threats (Plagueis being the sole exception) than Palpatine being alive, anyway. But if he is alive, then this is how I think he should return.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The fans seem to love Plagueis.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    A few details aside, Palpatine returning and wrecking the galaxy with his war apparatus is the same premise as that of dark empire.

And when TPTB tell us it will be an original story, then I don't think GL's treatments will have the same basic plot as dark empire.

Maybe Palpatine searched for a way to cheat death, but finding something is much harder than searching for it.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe Anakin tried tossing Palpatine into a reactor, but killing a Dark Lord is much harder than disagreeing with one.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Unless your name is Dooku. Then you are screwed.

Seriously there is no reason to doubt P is dead. If hitting the reactor didn't do him in, the explosion of DS II did.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering the timeframe (a few seconds), it's highly doubtful he fell all the way down to the reactor- more likely he just hit something at the bottom of the tower.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As he fell, Plapy placed his consciousness into the Death Star. Little did he know that IG-88 had already done this exact same trick. Once the DS exploded, he/they became nothing but consciousness.

Plapy88 is now a cyborg Force Ghost. Beware!

17. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    He put something in the shaft that teleports people.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    So if he didn't fall into the reactor, then where did all that blue energy come from? It must have either come from hitting the reactor, or was something entirely different from anything we've seen before, which does lend credence to the idea of him returning in some form.

Maharishineo likes this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, it's usually interpreted as "Force-energy" - several darksiders, and at least one lightsider (Shaak Ti) have gone boom after being killed.

20. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    That's all well and good, but EU explanations don't necessarily factor into the movies at all.

21. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    We can thank Zahn for that.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe not- but it's as good a reason for a sudden appearance of blue fire as any- having it come from Palpatine himself.

23. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Why would an explosion (energy) mean death and not life for Palpatine? He's a being who can absorb lightening (energy) and release it.

The DS explosion could have saved Palpatine from certain doom.

Then again, throwing Palpatine down an energy shaft might also be a good way of powering him up.

purplerain likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Emperor obviously had gas and saw no reason to be polite about it anymore after being chucked down a reactor shaft. ;)

Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.