main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is the EUC Really About the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by hear+soul, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I mean, look around. this place is social thread central.

I only see a few actual threads about the EU, and those are fan clubs, which means they're pretty much social threads as well.

Shouldn't this place be more like one of the trilogy forums, filled with questions and comments on the EU?

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Lit is for serious EU discussion.

EUC is a purist-free place to hang out and have fun.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I don't know which forum you're looking at, but it is filled with questions/comments/theories, at least on page 2 and 3 and further back. ;) ROTS brought a bunch of new people to the forum and they had a lot of questions, as you can see. Sometimes we go through a questions phase and other times we go through a fan club phase, it just depends on what people want to talk about. This forum has its own personality. I don't think it has to (or should be) like the movie forums.

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Plus, most EU questions are dealt with in the fan clubs ;)

5. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Plus, most EU questions are dealt with in the fan clubs.

Exactly.

Evil.

6. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Even though I did actually read the content of your message, I'd really like to respond to the question in your title. So, in response, I'd like to go down the front page and mention all the EU-referenced titles.

Waru
    Twin Suns
    Mara Jade
    Anakin Solo
    Darth Revan
    Zekk
    Tenel Ka
    Jacen
    X-Wing Series
    Loyal Imperials of the New Order
    Tahiri
    EU Defence
    Wraith Squadron
    Young Jedi Knights
    New Jedi Order
    Mandalorians
    Venator-class SD
    Bariss Offee
    Atton Rand
    Prince Xizor
    Yuuzhan Vong
    Jolee Bindo

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Shouldn't this place be more like one of the trilogy forums, filled with questions and comments on the EU?

Take a look at the three community boards here. The JCC, the so-called SWC (I still call it Misc, ;p), and the EUC--they've all got the same setup with a different governing premise guiding each of them. :)

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    If this place were more like the movie forums, I think I might have to kill myself.

9. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    We'll make it a double suicide, Genghis.

Seriously, some fan clubs are regularly off-topic, but most are talking about specific aspects of the EU. We only have a few actual social threads just like most other forums. When I post in this forum, it's either specifically about the EU, or it's about some aspect of the forum.

Besides, the EUC is Expanded Universe Community. I think right now it is exactly what it's supposed to be.

Further, I've found the EU boards users to be a completely different breed from users of other parts of the boards (that is to say we're much, much cooler) and we need a community of our own.

10. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Although sometimes I feel as you do DD, I would have to agree with the rest of the regulars. The mere fact that this thread is in existence is important, and not to mention that yeah, if it wasn't there, we would have to go to the *shudder* YJCC and the like.

And yes, although pure EU convos are less frequent that they could be, the mere fact that we are all readers here signifies something. We can joke and use the EU in our vernacular, and people will understand what we're talking about.

Lit is where the real EU action takes place. ;)

11. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    If this place were more like the movie forums, I think I might have to kill myself.

Purists... *shudders*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.