main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is the galaxy round?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel-K

Daniel-K Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2004
    Masers are a step DOWN on the technology tree dude. The Chiss and Killeks are both far behind the rest of the galaxy in tech.

Why would we want them, so we can have the Falcon menaced by being trapped in the anomoly of the book, ala Star Trek?

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003

Well... they did do pretty well against Godzilla & Manda... ;)

Dude, that's so last decade. It would now be more like "The Falcon gets drawn into a political grey area on an unknown, unimportant planet, Marysue IV, which is actually a poorly thought-out, incredibly weak analogy for a current social issue that doesn't even apply, all while managing to have no action whatsoever in the plot."

I miss the anomoly-of-the-book. :oops:

3. Ataro_Soresu

Ataro_Soresu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2006
    By Trekkish I don't mean more advanced. I mean...it's not plasma and it rhymes with phasers. Yes, I'm narrowminded.

So, um, what book are we talking about here?

4. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Star Trek Literature. In General.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Swarm War: Masers
    Star Trek: Phasers
    Doctor Who: Tasers

What will they think of next?

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Masers are a step DOWN on the technology tree dude. The Chiss and Killiks are both far behind the rest of the galaxy in tech.

While it is true that real-life masers are below lasers in technology, Denning has said something about this not being true of the Chiss masers. I'll find a quote for you if I remember where I read it.

EDIT: Ah yes, in his Authors and Artists thread.

As I recall, the Chiss also had conventional turbolasers on their Star Destroyers, so in theory megamasers could be their ion cannon substitute, or, like their handheld versions, a turbolaser with a bit more kinetic force behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.