main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Is the Maryland FF Dying?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by saerah, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I know I've never attended any meetings due to the fact that they are all downstate, but I've noticed a definite drop-off in posting here. Is the Maryland FF dying?

2. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yup. There's already moss growing on its headstone. Sorry, Lin. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

3. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Well that sucks. We need a revival.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    It's not dead, but it's definitely in the process. There has been a significant drop in posts from the "regular" users. I think the number one concern is to bring back the number of posts and posters we had in this board. I'd especially like to see some of the big Maryland posters return.

With Episode III approaching, the number of posters should increase, as it did with Episode II. Next week the teaser is released, so that'll give us a new topic for discussion.

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    If you guys need any help or anything, just let me know! :)

BTW I'm your new RSA...LOL. Strawbary is still around but with the region growing so quickly, she took on another to help out.

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I'd love be a more active member, but from what I've seen, most meetings are up towards the Bay Bridge area, and that's a bit of a drive for me.

:Targeter:
    !Love my Boston Red Sox!

7. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    C'mon, it can't die now - I've only just discovered it!

BTW, Mogook, I saw your icon and thought it was pretty cool, so I "borrowed" it. Hope you don't mind. :D

8. Swingin Vader

Swingin Vader Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 1999
    Go MD!!!

VA Sucks!!!

9. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, I lured one first-time poster in.......thanks SV!

10. Swingin Vader

Swingin Vader Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 1999
    Well, the Bar results are posted next Friday. Hopefully, then I can be a licensed MD attorney. Then, if any JCers get into some legal trouble, you all will know who to call. :p

11. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I never went to a meeting because they were hours away. D.C. Fan Force were at first closer but then they kept meeting in VA and most of them were rather lame also.

12. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, I have been carrying on by my lonesome. A one member fan force. Had a great event on Sept. 25th. in the planetarium with 20 501st. members. No body else came even with lots of publicity. That was the second event I held in the planetarium with no takers. :[face_sigh]:

13. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    lots of publicity

Funny, didn't hear about it.

14. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I've heard of nothing lately.

I call for a vote of no confidence in the current MD FF leaders.

15. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Currently, I am the only leader. But I have no problem with change. The problem is that many of our older members are not posting. There are a few members that have been around since the beginning, and it would be great if we could create a Council or Co-Leadership situation with them.

It seems as though that the Maryland FF is not dying, but in fact, that it has already died and is in the process of being reborn. Many new people are coming in and posting, and I haven't seen some of the older members in a while.

16. saerah

May 13, 1999
    We can't just wait around for old posters to return. I've always tried to post here, just a bit, as I feel like I am geographically isolated from the rest of you, but being a representative of the Western portion of the state is something I could do.

I've posted about the MD FF at local forums and have gotten a few positive responses. however, when they visit here, they see that nothing is really going on.

17. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    I may be new to the FF but I'm willing to do what I can to help out to see that it doesn't die.

18. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    Hey I'm from Maryland and I just found out about this board,I post regularly so let's not let this die out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.