main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the MSW plot summary real?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BobaBacca, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Disney aren't bothered about MSW because nothing is confirmed or can be confirmed. That doesn't mean they haven't got everything bang on the money.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    No arguments here. What they've said has been backed up by nearly all the footage we've seen thus far.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    No it was just a mistake I made since I type on my phone I typed in the wrong spot my bad
    Pliolite even if they are bang on the money my point is that it doesn't reveal much of anything that matters...apart from maybe one or two things

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    There is a lot of good stuff coming though MSW and other spoilers. We do have a general synopsis of what is going on. But it does pale in comparison of what we knew going into any of the PT. Just going back to ROTS where pretty much the entire plot leaked in late March of 2005. Obviously there isn't any like that out circulating on the Internet and I think we can close the door on any last minute major spoilers. Until it starts to get reviewed which won't happen until the week of opening weekend, the spoilers are at its limit. Again the spoilers for this are extremely light compare to the PT. For that you have to commend Disney. Really did not let much of the big stuff out including the biggest mystery of the movie, who Rey parents are out.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Jcuk? Is that you? ;)

6. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

You seem to be very lucky then. My understanding is/was that it opens in France on the 16th of December, in the UK (and possibly other countries) on the 17th, and the US on the 18th. Whatever the date, I'm sure we're all going to enjoy it. The Chinese, well, they've got to wait until January 9th to see The Force Awakens.

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I don't buy Luke not showing up in the movie because there's literally no way they wouldn't make the Big Three appear on screen at the same time one last time before Han bites it.

8. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Dey going do what serves da story best methinks.

KyloAwakens and Artoo-Dion like this.
  9. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    There's no way that Darth Vader beats Luke Skywalker in ESB. Evil winning? People will set fire to the theatre!

LANDO_ROCKS and Seeher like this.
  10. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That's doing a Gilligan's Island Reunion TV show, not good storytelling. If the three are together, what the heck are they doing and saying exactly? Why are they together?

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  11. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    It doesn't matter what we "buy", all that matters is how accurate it might be. We are getting marketing evidence almost daily that the MSW stuff is playing out. If every conversation about spoilers is just going to be about "buying" what we hope is true, then what's the point of discussing it? Everyone wants their own subjective bent validated by the movie, it's impossible to do that.

12. KyloAwakens

KyloAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    I think you meant "Deys uh going..."

:)

Canyon D likes this.
  13. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Yet, that is exactly what they are doing, no matter how poor of a decision it is.

14. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    Oh it is real all right...a saber falls from space...Luke is a cyborg...that is MSW real. Jason is an editing freak making sure to make things be just right at the right time. They had to revise because nothing they have said is anything more than their educated guesses based on already released material and maybe minute leaks from a source.

This was in his little outline. Maz Kanata lives in Yavin IV, ancient home of the Rebellion (Wrong, she officially lives in Takodana)

What about Poe? Where is he? I guess he dies like Han, huh? This was missing form their made up, educated guesses. Poe crashes on Jakku with Finn and then magically reappears with a bunch of X-wings just in time to save people at Maz's castle. I realize that Oscar was in a movie called Ex Machina, but this is a bit much. We don't even see him survive the crash let alone leave Jakku. Something is missing.

Of course SOME things have lined up. And that is all. Other than that, MSW is basically making up the plot details based off a shot list. He only knows who is in a scene and where it is at. He's missing scenes that were added later on or weren't included in the shot list. So, of course he'll have a few right details and some wrong ones. I wouldn't trust any major plot details though, just that they seem to go from Jakku to Starkiller Base and possibly Yavin at some point. That's why it feels so weird. Han and Chewie conveniently show up as soon as Rey and Finn find the Falcon, that's just bad writing.

Also the stupidness of in their supposed shot list where Jason claims that Kylo silences Han forever. A shot list wouldn't say anything about a conversation being silenced forever. It would say Harrison Ford and Adam Driver are in a scene together and they have blaster and lightsaber. MSW is assuming that he dies because he doesn't see Ford listed after that scene. Plus it is possible that certain scenes aren't being excluded from the shot list they give everyone on the set to guard against leaks. Usually to shot scenes that are so secret that only a small crew will be needed.

This movie will have MSW eating crow that is how secretive this movie is. It doesn't take much effort to understand MSW did a lot of guesswork to fill in certain gaps back when they posted their synopsis. Fanboys will tell you otherwise, but it was clear as day from the moment the synopsis was posted online.

15. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    You don't know that. Proof? And not MSW, that's not proof.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are clearly quite angry but still... stop double posting when you can add new thoughts and responses to existing posts with your 'edit' feature. Thanks. Resume outrage.

HanSolo29 and thejeditraitor like this.
  17. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Can we count on you to be here on the 19th?

18. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    Not angry at all. Just discussing and commenting.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... and don't double post when you do.

20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The MSW haters will become revisionists after the movie comes out. Notice how he said:
    They will falsely claim that MSW didn't reveal anything that wasn't already known.

21. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

wow, what are the odd's that after a long rant, MF.com just leaked the shot list, ouch!

22. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    It's obviously real.

Also they don't need to worry about spoilers because once people realize that Force Awakens is a soft reboot of ANH they'll already know what happens.

MagnaZero and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  23. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015
    How many more threads do you plan on posting this exact same thing in?

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  25. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    all the ones where it's applicable.

depends on how much faith you have in the average movie goer, if they can connect jakku = tatoonie to starkiller = death star to hux = tarkin and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.