main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the MSW plot summary real?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BobaBacca, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    who says that's a test firing in the commercial? the starkiller isn't used on takodana but they see what it is used on blow up in the sky (i'm guessing hosnian prime or whatever planet is the new republic base) then they see the sd's and troops landing and firing on maz's castle.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm thinking that they were going to use the weapon on Maz's Castle but the TUNNEL OF LOVE just got in the firing line.

3. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    I love all these "rehashes" that we are supposedly getting. You could literally say anything is a "rehash" of another movie. These are people that for some reason or another are hoping that the movie fails so that they can validate their love for (insert whatever agenda they have here)

To me, they have done an incredible job making this movie look fresh and new and yet still set in the same universe as before. That's literally all the criticism is (from about the same 10 people). The prequels literally looked like it was a completely different saga and not even set in the same universe with not to mention a tone that was all over the place. TFA has looked incredibly fresh and new and updated yet still FEELS like Star Wars and still feels like it's taking place in the same universe that the OT established - that is an incredible achievement and should absolutely be celebrated because that is no easy feat. To make something in 2015 that feels absolutely new and fresh yet still feels like it's taking place in the universe created in 1977 is amazing to me. All of the new stuff is going to be what happens in this established universe. There's a huge difference in embracing continuity and staying true to the universe you created and "rehashing".

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

We still haven't seen it on screen. It can go anyway which way. I been under the mindset it will be a very entertaining yet flawed film since the first spoilers began popping up. Two weeks to the movie my opinion has not changed.

5. Evetssteve10

Sep 21, 2015
    And what exactly is so flawed about this movie that you haven't seen yet - everything I've seen looks great and that's a subjective term but what is "flawed" about the movie, that's implying that there are problems with it. Can you please tell me what problems there are with the movie other than something like "there should have been more Luke". Because things like that aren't flaws they are story choices. So other than what YOU think they should do with certain characters and stories, what to you is flawed about this movie that you have seen so far? I'm genuinely interested to know

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I would hardly call Jakuu only vaguely similar to Tatooine. Maybe someone was supposed to go to Tatooine but got lost.

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Abu Dhabi is doubling for Jakku, which is doubling for Yuma, which is doubling for Tunisia, which is doubling for Tatooine, which is doubling for Arrakis.

Pfluegermeister and Luke02 like this.
  8. Evetssteve10

Sep 21, 2015

Other than the landscape what is similar? It's a graveyard of ships from a massive battle that took place soooo....because there's sand?

Speaking of the landscapes in general I'm glad they are going with locations that feel slightly earth like but also being otherworldly because of the inhabitants. I feel when they go too extreme it looks cartoony, and can be really distracting. The locations in this movie feel a lot more tangible because well... They are tangible.

Lobot_the_Jedi and Jcuk like this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep, totally agree. I know others won't, but an overly fantastical alien environment portrayed by CGI doesn't do it for me. Inevitably there will be lighting issues which the eye will make out straight away. In such a scenario I find it nigh on impossible to concentrate on the actors due to the background being so distracting. I need to automatically feel they are there. Even if it is a fantasy film. But whatever..

Satipo likes this.
  10. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    They used concept art for Tatoonie to design Jakku.

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Could be that Leia explicitly sends Kor Sella on a suicide mission to block the Starkiller from destroying Takodana.

12. ed309

ed309 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2015
    I'm hoping there's more, a lot more, to TFA than what MSW is reporting, because if not, I feel the movie might not live up to expectations.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

you wanna try that in english? lol.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    So I just remembered this tidbit of info from a while back about Rey:

From Screen Rant: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-finn-halloween-costume-descriptions/

I don't remember the MSW plot ever touching upon that?

Poe loves Rey likes this.
  15. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015

I thought the general idea when that came up originally was that it was an exciting description made up by the seller based on ideas and names that were known rather than film events.

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/639952604932407296

Plus, I count seven Knights and only one lightsaber.

[​IMG]

Momotaros and TK327 like this.
  16. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Ah

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah that's fake. made up by the halloween costume company as a description and people jumped all over it.

Satipo likes this.
  18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    JabbatheHumanBeing "Could be that Leia explicitly sends Kor Sella on a suicide mission to block the Starkiller from destroying Takodana."

Kor Sella is going there to;

a, find BB-8 because it has a tracking device on it.
    b, find BB-8 because a Takodana spy has made a call to the Resisitance.
    c, find Han because the Falcon has appeared back on the grid.

The TUNNEL OF LOVE is an apt codename for this ship as it ultimately brings Han and Leia back together. It's destruction brings the Resistance into play, something I think Han is trying to avoid. If it does take the bullet for the Castle then it gives Maz time to relay the vision before Leia arrives.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Veeeery smoooth.

20. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

100% agree. In that respect, then The Dark Knight, widely considered to be one of, if not THE , best Batman movie ever is a total rehash. why?

- It has Batman in it. who was also in Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever.Not to mention the 60's TV show. Plus the serials back in the 40's.
    - It has The Joker in it, who was also in Batman 89 and the 60's TV show.
    - It has Alfred in it, who was also in the previous 4 theatrical films, plus the 60's TV show
    - It has Two-Face in it, who was also in Batman Forever
    - It has Commissioner Gordon in it, who was also in the previous 4 theatrical films, plus the 60's TV show
    - It has a Batmobile in it, and the previous 4 theatrical films, plus the 60's TV show, also had their versions.

...etc. As you said, you could turn anything into a rehash if you choose to do so. Even the original Star Wars could be considered a rehash then, since Lucas openly said he modeled it after his love of the old sci-fi chapter serials shown in the movies when he was a kid. So ANH is a rehash of 50's sci-fi serials.

Darth_Voider and Satipo like this.
  21. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Here's something weird I noticed about MSW.com's coverage of Star Wars. For some reason they haven't done an article on the Rey action figure with Luke's saber even though it confirms another plot point in their TFA spoiler summary/synopsis. Any ideas why?

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Because the photo of that was quickly taken down as Disney and Hasbro unleashed their wrath on the hapless social media user who posted it.

No point in talking about a pic if MSW can't post it for fear of getting a cease and desist order.

23. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Yes, but many other outlets have covered the story, and some have even still shown the photo of it, though I can understand why MSW might be afraid to do that. If other outlets are willing to cover the story, I don't know why they would be afraid to cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.