main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is the original EU completely closed off to future authors?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The One Above All, May 24, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    My guy, you can't just drop this tidbit and leave it at that. The nerds will riot. You know how excitable we are!

2. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    *makes a note to ask about this after Alliances*

3. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Correction: there are TWO previous Zahn novels where the title would be appropriate. But, I like one more than the other.

4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Back in 2006/2005 we were told we weren't getting anymore Star Wars movies and here we are 4 movies later.

I think anything is possible but not for a few more years. The water will be tested. And I think filoni opened that door or window a bit with his rebels finale of that world between worlds.

Just think of the possibilities. Maybe waru and daala could team up with the resistance and defeat his and kylo ren. I kid btw --- about the previous sentence that is

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    BigAl6ft6, kalzeth and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    But we ARE getting new content in the Old Republic. As for post Crucible content, be careful what you're asking for here. We already know what the "canon" story ending is from the ST and we can piece together the rest from SW: Legacy.

Basically, Jaina turns to the dark side and kills the entire entry class of Luke's Jedi after being corrupted by a newcomer called Snoke (after she already had kids to preserve the Fel dynasty). She kills Han, then Luke strains himself trying to fight her via long distance and dies. Jaina kills Snoke and proclaims herself head of a new group called the First Order.

A new Jedi recruit called Rey kills Jaina and the galaxy resumes as before. The Knights of Ren that Jaina formed are reorganized into Imperial Knights. The story goes on to Legacy, and it's not mentioned there because the events were so short and lasted less than a year (just like the ST).

This is basically my headcanon for what happened in Legends after Crucible.

DarthHass likes this.
  6. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I would endorse this as an Infinities take.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ah, but Infinities is Legends - as the reprint of Tag and Bink Are Dead attests. ;)

If anything, that demonstrates that "Legends" is not the same as the EU - it's just a marketing term for republishing pre-Disney books and comic.

Daneira, Jedi Princess and kalzeth like this.
  8. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm going by the multiverse concept we see in other franchises. Basically the main beats of a story are the same, just minor differences. Batman's parents are always killed by a mugger despite all the Batman canon there is. Peter Parker's Uncle Ben is always killed. Ganon always gets the Triforce of Power in the Zelda timelines. Kirk always becomes Captain of the Enterprise despite the timeline. The X-Men always fight to avert a future ruled by Sentinels in every version of the franchise. Gandalf is always killed by a Balrog. Geralt from the Witcher is always killed by a pitchfork.

Thus, we take the same multiverse concept from all other franchises and apply it to SW--basically as much of the same things happen as possible. Han is killed by a dark side relative. Luke is killed straining himself in a long distance Force battle. There's no reason it would be different in Legends.

9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The world between the world's concept introduced in rebels I think has opened the door for a Star Wars multiverse and hence the continuation of legends of at least acknowledgement of it in some form or another-by acknowledge I mean not continue it but have a character see into the world between the world and glimpse legends characters/events/world's etc...-thus "canonizing" legends itself as an alternate timeline. Sort of like Marvel and DC alternate timelines.

Whether the door will ever be entered or entered at least in the short to medium term is another question entirely.

DarthHass and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    HMMMMM.

Knowing nothing about the blurb other than the blurb, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Specter of the Past and Allegiance.

*bookmarks this for later*